“All over the map. Good nights are wonderful, Bad ones are expensive.”

Rapids Lodge Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Lake
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Historic Rapids Lodge and Restaurant was established in 1915 and is situated along the banks of the scenic North Inlet River. Lunch (summer only) and Dinner (reservations recommended).Enjoy an extensive wine list and historic ambiance. Please visit our website for up to date menus.
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The menu doesn't vary much, the elk is usually perfect. The martinis are great. Do not sit in the small tables near the kitchen, try to get a seat near the river. We had an anniversary dinner here that was wonderful and went back the next month with friends who thought we were crazy for giving it raves. On that night the food was cold and took forever to arrive even though there wasn't a crowd. They seem to be on top of their game during high season and indifferent during low season. We do keep going back, though.

There are newer reviews for Rapids Lodge Restaurant

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We were staying at the Inn and ate here several nights. Only complaint was too many good things to choose among. Owners and staff really cared. Best example, I told the waitress I did not want the dressing which was to be on the special salad. She brings me the salad with the dressing on the side and reported that the chef said he had designed this dressing for the salad and I should at least try it. Of course, it was wonderful!
Everything we had was very good. The elk dish and the trout dish were special favorites. Breads were good and desserts, if you still were hungry, were also.
We had very good and reasonable wine choices. Bartender invented a drink for us. Before dinner, you can sit outside by the river (or eat out there).

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I were passing through Grand Lake on Labor Day and stopped here for lunch. We were very glad we did! It's not right on the main drag, so it was definitely less crowded than the other restaurants we saw. A storm had just passed through, so we weren't able to sit on the outdoor patio along the creek, but we still had a really great view of the creek from our table next to a window inside. I ordered the duck sliders, which come with carmelized onions and brie. I was surprised when it came as a single sandwich instead of multiple small ones, as implied by the description as "sliders", but none of it mattered once I tasted it! Absolutely delicious! And the potato salad that accompanied it was definitely one of the best I've ever had! A fantastic deal for the $10 price tag! My husband had the salmon cake sandwich, which was also delicious. The service was pretty casual, but perfect for the leisurely lunch we were looking for.

We did notice that the dinner prices are quite a bit more than the steals offered for lunch. Given how good the lunch was, though, I can only imagine it would be worth it.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Our innkeeper recommended The Rapids when we asked for a seafood restaurant. It was a very good recommendation. We didn't have reservations, but even though it was a holiday weekend, they took our names and in fact, apologized that we had to wait a few minutes for a table. We waited at the bar, where the bartender suggested a very nice wine, and we watched a fly fisherman outside. The maitre'd was very gracious. Our waiter was very friendly and efficient, but didn't rush us. The trout, salmon, salad and vegetables were all excellent. We enjoyed our evening and would recommend The Rapids to anyone looking for a god meal in a great setting.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Our group of twenty had a most excellent evening here. Food was amazing, as always. Our server, Toni, did an awesome job. Many special requests, and she cheerfully fulfilled them all. This place has wonderful ambiance, right on the river. Beautiful old log building with old Grand Lake atmosphere.