“Our favorite in Grand Lake”

Sagebrush BBQ & Grill
Ranked #6 of 37 Restaurants in Grand Lake
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Not Just Great BBQ. Burgers, sandwiches, fish, chicken, veggie dishes, Gluten-free menu. Full bar. Family friendly. Just throw the peanuts on the floor.
Reviewed June 21, 2017

This was our favorite place we ate on our trip and we went twice. Oldest daughter loved the cornbread and my husband loved the salmon and ordered it both times. The garlic bread was as good as any I've ever had. All of our food was good and the service was prompt and helpful. It was actually cheaper for our supper here than our lunch at Fat Cat Café.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,160)

Reviewed June 21, 2017

We ate there because it looked like a neat place to eat. First of all, they had a huge sign at the front door - Chicken Fried Steak Special so I didn't even look at the menu until the waiter comes to take our order and he says that it was the special for the day before. It is in the afternoon, you would think someone would have noticed by then. You would think they would go ahead and make a CFS but no you could not even order one. His English was not the best, so maybe he misunderstood. His service was not great with empty glasses, waiting for check, etc. Anyway, the four of us had a just mediocre meal at a price it was not worth. Peanuts while you wait a long while was the best thing they had to offer.

Reviewed June 18, 2017

I'm from Colorado and I like rustic western restaurants, but Sagebrush pushed the envelope toward messy and worn out. My fried trout came barely warm and dry. The garlic bread was so dry and hard that it hurt my mouth to bite into it. My wife's steak came in the same condition. She thought they had been sitting for quite a while. I must add that she really liked her pork ribs. The service was good. We'll choose another place the next time.

Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

Family of 18 came for dinner one evening after spending most of the day in Rocky Mountain National Park hiking and sight-seeing.
Server was excellent, service was too. Food pretty tasty and looked like everyone enjoyed the meal.

We would go there again.

Reviewed June 15, 2017 via mobile

This was our go to place while we were in Grand Lake. Fun menu and good food. Peanut shells on the floor aren't my favorite, but it's a laid back, comfortable venue