“Very good food for a town that closes at 5 pm”

Sagebrush BBQ & Grill
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Lake
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Not Just Great BBQ. Burgers, sandwiches, fish, chicken, veggie dishes, Gluten-free menu. Full bar. Family friendly. Just throw the peanuts on the floor.
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We read other reviews and went here for dinner. We were seated quickly, had responsive service and the food came quickly. I had the veggie burger and my husband had a hamburger. The veggie burger was okay but not exceptional and fell apart. The hamburger was excellent as was the onion rings. The one downside is I don't like peanut shells on the floor--it makes it feel dirty. It was also expensive for the type of food. Still, I would eat here again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,053)

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Stopped by for lunch after a great morning hike. With a wait for a table they will take your phone number and text you when it is ready. Great idea as we were able to walk around and after about
30 min our table was ready. The waitress was right there for drinks and our order. I had the pulled pork sandwich as it was the special for the day. It was very good and the sweet potato fries were a great side. My wife did not fair so well as she ordered a baked potato and we are not sure when it was baked, but it would not even melt the butter. They were very busy and she went ahead and ate it rather than send it back and wait. We would go back again.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Chicken parmesan had store bought frozen chicken fingers. Smoked sliced pork appeared and tasted like store bought process ham with bbq sauce on it. Over priced for quality of food. Last but not least, upon opening baked potato found huge brown worm. Probably not their fault, But along with quality of food, made this a bad dining experience.

2  Thank motravelfam
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Stayed in Grand Lake several days, ate here several times (lunch and dinner) and enjoyed everything I tried. My kids were kept occupied and amused by shelling peanuts and tossing the shells on the floor. The service was good, the food was good and the price was right.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

This place seems to make a big deal about throwing the peanut shells on the floor, but where I come from, lots of places let you do that, so no big whoop. There was a mix up taking my order, so I waited about ten minutes without anyone coming by. The waitress was very apologetic, though, and the place was as busy. It happens.

I had the ribs with fries and beans. I was delicious. The atmosphere was great too.