“Great food and service!”

Backstreet Steakhouse
Ranked #18 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Lake
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Summer in Grand Lake. We have changed a few items on the menu for the summer season, adding a new appetizer "Adrian's Italian Bread Roll", Herb Roasted Chicken, and a Zesty Shrimp Cocktail. Greeting you out front this year will be Patrick, Krissy, Bridget Greg and Buddie...We are happy to take good care of you, your family and friends. We look forward to a fantastic season of beautiful warm sunshine. Be sure to get out this season and support your local businesses.
Reviewed July 31, 2009

My husband and I were in Grand Lake for one nite, and chose to eat here. We had beautiful sunny weather, so enjoyed eating outside under the new covered addition. Our waiter was superb..I wish I could remember his name (from southern California); he had great menu suggestions, and was very attentive to us and the other tables he was managing. We thought some of the items were a bit high-priced, but other than that, definitely a 5-star dining experience.

Reviewed September 2, 2008

Last weekend we went to have a good meal, we heard they were good, we did not make a reservation so we expected to wait. The hostess - older women - told us she could get us in - there were a few tables open, give her a few minutes, after 15 minutes she still said the tables were open but the wait staff can't handle the number of people they have (they had no party going on), people with reservations had to wait too. After 1/2 hour wait she came over to us and stated that it will be about 1/2 to 45 minutes more because they can't wait on us. The couple that had reservations also had to wait - we left and went some where else. They need to hire a good hostess that will seat you and she can take the order and get the drinks while the wait staff gets their act together. The hostess stated that the chef can handle it but the wait staff can't. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE unless you want to wait hours for the staff.

Reviewed June 16, 2008

My husband and I made reservations because we had heard good things. The menu is standard but the prices are HIGH. $29 for prime rib dinner. Please note that everything was nickel and dimed. We did get a salad or soup with the meal but if you wanted their home baked Rosemary Bread - $5. My husband requested fries - he got 8 fries and 3 stalks of asparagus with his prime rib. I got twice baked potato - this was the smallest potato I have ever seen - cut up it was 4 bites and I got 2 stalks of asparagus. Now the Prime Rib - the menu and the waiter stated that medium would be warm pink. I received cold gray and my husband's was cold dark gray - the waiter brought it back and came back with a new meals but even then they were not MEDIUM. He said that the cook overcooked the prime rib and these were the best cuts. There are so much better places to eat that are a better value. I do not recommend

1  Thank ecm531
Reviewed October 12, 2007

My husband and I chose The Backstreet Steakhouse so he could of course have Steak. The menu was diverse, the staff was very nice and friendly (Becca was wonderful!) and it was a very pleasant suprise! We even saw a TV celebrity enjoying his anniversary with his wife. The only "wierd" thing, as we were eating, (there is a lodge above the restaurant) the resident dog ran thru the lobby being chased by the resident cat!! It was very quaint and funny...wish I would have got that on camera!! They were NOT near the kitchen or dining room, so there was NO problem with that, but it did make for great conversation!!

Reviewed October 9, 2007

I just recently ate at the Backstreet Steakhouse with some friends. I have to say the food was wonderful. Everyone loved their choices from great burgers and amazing mac-n-cheese for the kids to the fresh trout dish and brie chicken. The service is okay but can really slow down if it gets crowded. This is now my favorite place to eat in Grand Lake.