“Awful”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Agree with other reviews... Food tastes like it is microwaved canned food. It was awful. There are so many other decent to great restaurants around Grand Lake. Don't waste your time or money on this one.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

A lot of their food tastes pre-packaged and either microwaved or quickly tossed in the deep fryer. It's pretty much your standard pub fare. The bar is well-stocked, although the margaritas are nothing special. The main thing about this place is the amazing view of Grand Lake from their back room. It's a beautiful sight.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This spot has everything that a restaurant should have to be successful. Great location, interesting interior decor, and a good bar. What it lacks is good drinks, good service, and edible food. I have been a visitor to Grand Lake for over 15 years. We used to enjoy this spot as a source for good dependable Mexican fare when in Grand Lake, in fact we frequently made this a meeting spot. That ship sailed, and sank. Last year, the food was bland and sub par Gave it another shot this trip and I can honestly say we will NEVER darken the door again. We sat at the bar and I asked the bartender to make me his finest margarita, and my wife requested a top shelf vodka tonic. My drink game and tasted like lime water, and my wife's contained only tonic and lime. We shrugged it off and looked over the happy hour menu. We were not very hungry so we decided to order the Buffalo Wings. The bartender informed me that they were out of them. A bar out of Wings in the afternoon? He did offer what he called a popsicle, which was a chicken drumstick in buffalo sauce. We then just decided to punt and ordered a basket of fries. The came out 1/2 cooked. We then elected to give up the expensive drinks and order the happy hour special on well drinks. My drink tasted like it was made with dishwater, and that comparison is literal, it actually tasted like dishwater. We had enough and asked for the check. When it came out, the bill was much higher, as our orders from the happy hour menu were normal prices. We asked the bartender, assuming it was a mistake. Her response was jaw dropping. Despite the numerous sighs on the bar, and outside, evidently we made a mistake she told us as happy hour ended early because the Broncos game started late. HUH? Their happy hour ran from 4-6, Sunday through Thursday, as it was stated EVERYWHERE. It was 5:30 on Sunday when we asked for our check. This was where we decided that this place clearly did not value our business, paid the adjusted check, and left only a token tip. To put this review in perspective, I would eat McDonalds and get a canned margarita for dinner before eating Pancho and Leftys in Grand Lake. The apathy was palatable and this spot needs a new owner, staff, and food supplier. If you decide to brave it anyway, just remember I tried to save you.

1  Thank SoCalChill_Axer
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stopped in for a late lunch and had the place pretty much to ourselves. The waitress seemed a little preoccupied with the few locals at the bar, but did bring our food out fairly quickly after taking our order. The margarita was pretty blah - tasted like it was made from bottled mixer. The chips were most certainly not homemade, which I always find disappointing in a Mexican restaurant. We ordered guacamole with them. I have never had such tasteless guac. Oh sure, it was made with avocados, but tasted just like smashed avocados! Nothing else seemed to be mixed in - no tomato, onion, seasonings - nothing. Strange. The high point was the pork chimichanga. Nicely flavored pork, crisp tortilla covered with a pretty darn good green chili. We shared the chimi and both enjoyed it. We didn't see the outside deck, so can't comment on the location. Prices were somewhat higher than they would be in a Mexican restaurant in the city, but Grand Lake is a tourist town, so one can expect higher prices. All in all, would go again, but not for the drinks or chips!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

This place is at the end of the boardwalk. Enjoy sitting out on the patio with the lake view sipping on a margarita & enjoying a Chimichanga!