“No, don't go.”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We are visiting Grand Lake most weekends. The food is mediocre, the service is mediocre and the drinks are......mediocre. If you are partial to gloppy faux-Mex then maybe you will be OK with this place. Once was more than enough for me.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I love TexMex food. I’ve had wonderfully authentic TexMex cooking in New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, California, Mexico itself and in our home state of Colorado. Problem is–this isn’t good TexMex. Not even close! Even their Margaritas are this side of ice water. Every time I drive by their crowded parking lot during tourist season, I marvel at the large number of gullible tourists visiting Grand Lake.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We should have listened to the other reviews on this one and gone back to Davens Haven instead. Yep, chips and salsa right off the shelf at the grocery store for $4.50. Had to see it to believe it as a another review claimed. We ordered them on auto-pilot as we love chips and salsa. I had a burrito smothered with cheese. The chicken wasn't bad and the whole black beans were right out of a can with no flavor at all. The other meal was a la carte tacos. Enough said. The burrito and chicken taco's took literally 5 minutes to get. That was the only thing that went right was the cooks timing. I guess it isn't that hard when everything is probably prepped and in a steam table waiting for the last touch of cheese to be thrown on after it's plated. The pictures of the fruit flies speak for themselves. Yep, the place is indeed in need of a Restaurant Impossible job. This place is devoid of any ownership responsibility and survives only due to the unknowing tourist from out-of-town. THe only plus is it is near the water with a great patio. I would only do drinks here on the patio as the alcohol is made somewhere else. Go across the street to the pizza joint or the Sagebrush down the street. A better meal awaits as the burrito was 11 bucks and the taco's with the chips and salsa came to $22 bucks. We had waters. With tip....$26. NOT worth it.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was at best an average dinner. My wife and it both had the Fahitas. It was a genorous portion of food. The service was slow. I would not go back to this restaurant. There are to many other better choices in Grand Lake

Reviewed August 30, 2012

This place is a great candidate for Restaurant Impossible. I am not a picky eater in small towns, but I do like cleanliness. The decorations hanging from the ceiling are coated in greasy dust. I heard a waitress recommending the chili rellenos to the table opposite ours...I happened to be eating them, they were the worst I have ever had, gray colored and cooked in oil that badly needed changing. Have a drink on the patio if you need one, then run to the exit and eat somewhere else !!