“Yuk! Bland food. Small portions.”
Review of El Pacifico LLC

El Pacifico LLC
Ranked #23 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Lake
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2013

After 2 consecutive and unsuccessful attempts to get a decent plate of Mexican food in nearby Granby, I decided to give this joint a shot.

Nice atmosphere; quick service. I was encouraged. I ordered the corn flautas, chicken.

The guacamole topping was good, the pico de gallo was awful, it was all onions. The chips were the worst I've ever had. Baked, bland, and not fresh. The roasted salsa looked great, but it was bitter and bland.

The rice and beans were average, but the portions were small. The chicken flautas must've been previously frozen. The chicken was pure mush, and flavorless, probably the worst flautas I have ever tried to eat.

What a mess.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stopped in for dinner after taking in a show at the Rocky Mountain Repertory Theatre down the street. The place was dead. The food took a little too long to arrive and it wasn't at all worth the wait. Like another reviewer stated, the food was bland. I had the enchilada and tamale meal which was nothing special. Not horrible, mind you, just not worth the money. (Grand Lake is a tourist town so elevated prices are expected.) It worked in a pinch though and the only other restaurant open after 8 was a bar. The service was fine but since the place was dead there was a lot of socializing between the staff. Overall: meh.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Food was adequate, service poor, margarita was good. Fajitas were miserable while my wife had some good tacos. No presentation, no taste on the fajtas

1  Thank s r
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We went for lunch in early June. The place was virtually empty. Since we have a wonderful Mexican restaurant in our town, we are spoiled. At our local restaurant, we would have received twice the amount of food for about half the price. The restaurant was clean, nicely decorated and our waiter was very good and efficient. Nothing can make up for paying way too much for way too little. I realize Grand Lake relies heavily on lunch traffic from people traveling Trail Ridge Road.

1  Thank fv1989
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in per a recommendation from some friends who have a condo in Grand Lake. We had a great experience! The food, staff, atmosphere, and value were top notch! I would recommend this establishment!