Tripadvisor
Grand Lake
Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
5 freaking stars

My husband and I work for a tour company out of crystal river Florida so when we go places like... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Kassymae10
Unforgettable Experience in Every Way

What can I say? This was a very special trip for us and On The Trail Rentals were so accommodating... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago

from $44.11
from $65.00
from $180.00
More Info
All reviews side by side in great shape trail map hour rental four hours national forest worked great rented atvs an adventure winter season snow suits hour trip two seater beautiful trails rental place off road staff was very friendly and helpful
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2020

I am an older traveler who went snowmobiling with my daughter and her husband. Since this was our first time to the area we paid the extra $200 for a guide to have a safe experience. That was NOT the case. He ran through the instructions then if we asked questions acted like we were idiots for asking. When we were ready...he took off and drove like a bat out of hell through the woods with us trying to keep up. He would speed away and we would have to try to catch up and find him. Instead of a pleasurable snomobile ride through the woods it was a terryfying drive to keep up with our "guide". At one point I was trying to find him and went flying off an 8 foot embankment and hit a tree. He didn't know I was missing until my daughter finally caught up with him and told him I was missing. I hurt my neck and back. They had completely turn over my snowmobile and drive it up the hill then they (guide and another guy from the shop) towed it to the shop. That is where they inspected the machine and the ladies in the shop presented me with a list of things I had to pay for totalling $2,000.00. When I went out to the shop the guys in the shop only showed me 3 things with the machine, the muffler, the brake handle and the plastic front windshield which wasn't broken...just popped off. I have pictures of the tree I hit and there were marks ALL over it where other people had gone off the same ledge and hit it. WHY didn't the "guide" we paid $200 not guide me to be careful on that turn that people had gone off of it. I do not believe I did $2,000 worth of damage to that machine. I do not trust these people and have a very icky feeling about my experience here.

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

This was our second time to rent from them and we will be back again. The snow mobile machines are new every year and in excellent shape. Great access to the trails and the freedom to explore different areas. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

We had a lovely time here, the machines were brand new, instructors helpful, friendly and patient. As newbies they gave us a clear route to follow on the trail, which were well groomed and 15’ wide. They warned us about the more difficult routes. Straight out onto the trail from the office area. It was beautiful out there - freezing, but the heated handgrips were great. I did accidentally leave my wallet in the Snow suit, and didn’t notice until after they had closed. Left a message, they found it and rang me back first thing in the morning. Would love to go again.

Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

Group of 13 from south Mississippi gives it a huge thumbs up!! Snowmobiles were in great shape and the trails were groomed and marked well. We will be back again for sure!

1  Thank 867joannm
Reviewed January 19, 2020

Had a great time on our ride! On the Trail is a very good operation, very professional and efficient. Their sleds are all new and well maintained and their staff does a great job of explaining the operation and providing trail guidance. As there name suggests, they are right at the trail head for an extensive trail network just outside of Rocky Mountain National Park. Nobody else in the area can get you on the trail and riding faster. We have a home nearby and have a lot of out of town guests. We will be bringing our guests here often.