Daven Haven Lodge & Cabins
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
SunSet Motel(Grand Lake)
View Hotel
Western Riviera Lakeside Lodging & Events(Grand Lake)
View Hotel
Pine Cone Cottages(Grand Lake)
View Hotel
Lake Forest Lodge(Grand Lake)
  • Beachfront
North Shore Lodge(Grand Lake)
  • Free Internet
All reviewslarge kitchen areacozy cabinsliving roomtwo nightspots and pansenjoyed our stayclose to townwould stay here againrustic feelcoffee makersteakhousepropertylodgeblakefireplacemoosereservoir
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 9, 2009

We go up to Grand Lake twice a year, and have stayed at several local properties. Daven Haven is by far our favorite! Even when we stay in other locations (Spirit Lake Lodge, etc.) we end up at Daven Haven for dinner because it is the best restaurant in town.
I read the other reviews and some complained about the cleanliness and lack of luxury in the cabins. I am a clean freak and germaphobe, and I am more comfortable at Daven Haven than anywhere else. The kitchens are completely renovated, the bedding is clean and comfortable. The accommodations have a "rustic" feel, but we love that about it. We also love that the property is just off the main road.
We went up with 3 other groups of friends and were able to get private cabins and yet spend time easily with eachother.
I HIGHLY recommend Daven Haven!!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank skiintobreck
Reviewed October 23, 2008

Just returned from a spontaneous trip through the beautiful Colorado high country with my wife and 2 kids (age 2 & 4). Grand Lake was an absolute highlight for all of us. Before I left the house , I checked TripAdvisor for insider info on lodging options on our route. I nearly scratched Daven Haven off my list based on a couple rough reviews. We would have missed out on a really neat place.

I believe we were in Cabin 30 (2 bedroom, full new kitchen, fireplace, full renovated bath w/ tub). Thoroughly clean, new carpet, some new furniture, plenty of room and the price was right. But these are cabins, not penthouse suites. Grand Lake is, thankfully, not Las Vegas.

It's about 2 blocks off the main street and lake access. And it has its own nice restaurant ($$$$, but very good).

This was our first trip to Grand Lake, but we will definitely return in the summer with an eye on Daven Haven for our lodging. Our kids just LOVED it.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank QuickTrip
Reviewed August 19, 2008

Website is misleading, I thought we'd have a short walk from the cottage to the lake but found no lake access without going thru someone's back yard. The site also makes it seem like the cottages are well appointed. The beds were very uncomfortable, the carpets were dirty and gave contradicting information about cleaning services and grilling information. It's been almost 2 weeks since our stay & I'm still waiting for a credit to show up on my credit card. Grand Lake is beautiful but next time we will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank plhfl
Reviewed September 5, 2005

At the time of writing this review, there are two reviews for Daven Haven, one good, one bad. I was worried about the bad review but booked two cabins (#'s 32,33) over Labor Day weekend anyway. I think that the problem is one of expectations... if one expects a luxury up-scale property, this isn't it. If one realizes that the flavor of staying at Grand Lake that it is rustic and old cabins and a great town with no fast food chains... things go much better. I have stayed at Grand Lake Lodge, which has a cool main lodge and little noisy cabins and the Bighorn Lodge (typical econolodge hotel) and Daven Haven was great in comparison. It is .5 miles walk to the park in center of downtown, a shorter walk to the water (Point Park) and very quiet. The cabins are old and somewhat reminiscent of summer camp, but the kitchen, bath and carpets have been upgraded. There are nice quilts on the beds (gets cold at 8400 ft at night). For our family of 10, it gave us enough beds and a kitchen to save some money on meals and a nice place to sit out and watch the kids run around and play. We love Grand Lake - don't miss renting a kayak (Grand Lake Sports is great).

• Stayed: September 2005
7  Thank madoden1
Reviewed September 21, 2004

The website makes you think you will be staying at a fabulous property - with all the wedding receptions and corporate retreats being held there. They even mention on the website that they want to give you a 5-star experience. The price sure makes you think they will! We spent 2 nights in cabin 33 which was a 2 bedroom/1 bath cabin and paid $195/night. I don't mind spending money on something I get value out of, but this cabin was dirty. I made my kids leave their shoes on because the carpet was so dirty - it had not even been vacuumed. The living room furniture was in bad shape and the doorknob came out in my hand, and there is no porch - just a cemented area in front of the cabin with 2 chairs overlooking the dirt parking lot. After one night I tried to speak to someone to leave, but was told there is a 2 night minimum stay and was dismissed. The only caveat with my review is that it was a cold rainy weekend and that didn't help my outlook and experience.

• Stayed: September 2004