“decent beers and OK food”
Review of Grand Lake Brewing Taphouse - CLOSED

Grand Lake Brewing Taphouse
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I love trying different beers. The beers here were good but lacked some pizazz. We had beers on 2 different occasions plus ate dinner there one night. I had the stroganoff and he had the Mediterranean pizza. Both were OK but nothing special. Service was decent considering that it was a very busy 4th of July weekend.

There are newer reviews for Grand Lake Brewing Taphouse

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We keep trying this place, wanting to like it, to buy local etc. Twice when we went for dinner the cook hadn't shown up, so we had a beer & left. Finally we were able to have dinner on a busy weekend nite, & it was mediocre at best. The bread was dry. The appetizer, which sounded like wonderful stuffed mushrooms, was actually a bunch of sauteed shrooms with basic cheese melted on top ~ & it came late, after our (paltry) dinner salads had already arrived. The roasted vegetable pasta was very bland & the vegetables were definitely not roasted. The new tropical pork dish was tasty, tho you have to love bell peppers. Dessert, a blueberry marscapone dish, was good but was a simple blueberry crisp; we searched but never found any marscapone. Twas a spendy meal that never met, much less exceeded, our expectations.

And the service... our waitperson was nice but confused. A little more training & better communication between wait staff & the kitchen would be a vast improvement.

Diverse array of good beers, tho they've been out of our favorites more than once. Nice enough atmosphere.. tho loud, not cozy.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Sometimes great beer AND really good food don't always go hand-in-hand. This is the exception (along with Tommyknockers in Idaho Springs, CO). Really great and interesting apps, soups, sandwiches and main courses. This is the second time I've been back and haven't been disappointed at all. Worth the stop AND $5 kids menu.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Restaurant/Tap House is in a fairly new location, having moved from the center of town within he past year. It was our first time at this new location, and I must say it is a definite improvement. While I miss the convenient location they used to have right there on Grand Avenue, that place was very small and I never thought the food was that great (beer was always good, though). The larger kitchen seems to be working for them, as our lunch was great. The beer cheese soup with sausage was particularly delicious! And the beer was as good as always. As we were staying for the weekend in Grand Lake, I brought my growler and had it filled as we were leaving, and was therefore able to enjoy their beer all weekend long!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Being a Tap House one would expect strictly grilled fare. Not so here. I had chicken marsala that was delicious. My husband had the lasagna-also good. Dinners are served with a generic salad and 'beer bread'. Service was harried- as with a pretty full house they had just two servers in the dining room. All in all I plan to return for dinner again...as we have a condo up that way. I say check it out for the beer and~ stay for the food.