“Comfort Food Breakfast”

Add it.
Betty's Cafe & Bakery
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Hearty, well prepared Home Cookin' I like some veggies with my traditional breakfast and they have a nice selection you can add to your Biscuits and Gravy or other dish. You can get cream gravy instead of green chili on your Breakfast Burrito if you want, too.

1  Thank Doug and Edie D

Reviewed October 7, 2013

For many years we have been traveling to Grand Lake and passing by this place. I always noticed the "Fried Chicken to Go" sign in the window but we never stopped for some reason. Finally we decided to give it a try. Wow! Yes the chicken is a small spring chicken, but was delicious! We wanted to take a picnic into the park and ended up getting the chicken, mashed potatoes and a drink. The waiter gave us paper plates, napkins and utensils after hearing we were headed for a picnic. That was great service! The mashed potatoes were real and the cream gravy excellent! While we were waiting on the chicken, the waiter told us about the breakfast and the biscuits they serve.. He told us "it was like eating a cloud." So we decided to stop by for breakfast the next morning. I have to agree that those biscuits were the best ever and did taste like eating a cloud! My sister had a breakfast burrito that was excellent. My eggs were cooked to order, the hash browns and bacon done perfectly and oh that biscuit! The gravy is a ham gravy and I don't care for ham much. But this gravy was very flavorful, creamy and really didn't have too much ham in it. I can't wait to return again soon! If you are driving from Granby into Grand Lake, definitely stop here and grab a bite. You won't be sorry!

1  Thank Laura S
Reviewed September 19, 2013

It's now called Grand River Cafe.

We ordered the chicken and found out they only serve "spring chicken" so they are small, very small, but the flavor was very good. We got the 10 piece and it fed the two of us.

Another day we went in for lunch and enjoyed the fish and chips. It's less expensive than going into Grand Lake proper and they even have a decent selection of liquor too.

1  Thank Bobbie C
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The fried chicken here is remarkably flavorful and tasty. Unfortunately, the pieces are extremely small. To their credit, they do let you know that in advance so that you can order the larger package to make sure you have enough to feed everyone.

1  Thank CuteBrat
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Just average. Average prices, average food. Nice staff, plenty of parking. If you want breakfast this is one of the few GL places to get it. "I'll be having the average eggs and toast, please".