This review is for the "small lakefront cabin" room, not the motel rooms.
I really liked this place, my wife and I stayed here while attending a wedding in Grand Lake. The "cabin" label for this room is a bit misleading, as it was not a standalone structure but a row of 5 small rooms along a boardwalk style front walkway facing the lake. You are sharing walls with other guests, and I'm guessing they're fairly thin, but it wasn't a problem for us, the neighbors were very quiet. The view is simply unbeatable, you are maybe 50 feet back from the lake and waking up in the morning to the view and sounds of all the fun going on on the lake is invigorating. The room is almost comically small, think NYC hotel room, just enough space for the bed and a suitcase beside it, and that's all. Bathroom is equally tiny, but who goes to Grand Lake to hang out in the hotel room anyway? Everything was clean and comfortable, and it is steps away from Grand Lake downtown with all the restaurants and bars.
Hotel policy is 2-night stay minimum, but give them a call and they might be able to let you in for a single night, that's what happened to us. The lady at the front desk was very friendly, but obviously very busy and with no patience for prima-donna tourists and their demands. Treat her right and she will treat you right, just remember that this is a mountain cabin and not the Four Seasons.
They advertise wifi in every room but it wasn't working the night we were there and I suspect this isn't uncommon, the woman at the desk didn't seem like she would be excited to drop everything and troubleshoot your Internet problems. Relax and unplug for a few hours. Grab some breakfast at the Bluesomething bakery on Garfield, walk down and eat at one of the picnic tables by the lake, and you'll realize that all is right in the world.
We stayed here at the end of August when the outdoor temp was in the high 70's during the day. We didn't need to run either AC or heating during our stay and it was very pleasant. I'm not sure what it would be like in the winter though, the insulation on the building was definitely minimal from the looks of it, and it might be quite chilly during the winter. Just a guess though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Lake, Colorado lakeside hotel, cabins, condos & wedding venue at west entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. All properties within walking distance to shops, restaurants and activities. Offering outdoor year round fun from boating and hiking to snowmobiling, ice fishing, Nordic Skiing, snowshoeing and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Western Riviera Lakeside Lodging & Events reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Western Riviera Lakeside Lodging & Events Hotel Grand Lake
- Western Riviera Lakeside Lodging And Events
- Western Riviera Lakeside Hotel
- Western Riviera Lakeside Motel