“Fantastic Views and Very good food”
Review of Grand Lake Lodge

Grand Lake Lodge
Ranked #8 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Lake
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: t re-opened this summer. Lodge has been reconditioned. View is spectacular and food is wonderful and resaonably priced.
Newton, Massachusetts
“Fantastic Views and Very good food”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stayed there with another couple, and went to dinner on our first night. I had trout, which was cooked and presented in an unusual way, but was very good. I usually like it sauteed, but this was baked, as I recall, and it turned out a little drier than usual, but very nicely presented.

The view from high over Grand lake is spectacular. We were seated aat the window on the deck, which is semi-enclosed and heated.

A very enjoyable meal. Our waiter was Croatian, and learning English, but he did very well. We had him again at breakfast. teh following morning

• Visited June 2014

Grand Lake, Colorado, United States
“Grand Lake Lodge does not hire locals”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

It has been awhile since I was at the Grand Lake Lodge. This is a beautiful place with great scenery but the management sucks. I had a job here for one day, got a shirt and had to call about 5 times to get my pay for the day. it was ridiculous and the girl that manages the servers needs to be fired. She is the rudest woman I have ever come across in my life.

Also we went to a birthday party there with several friends. We paid $25.00 for brunch, bought drinks and tipped the waitress well for the drinks and then she charged us a 20% gratuity for brunch. She didn't even pick our plates up. We had to take them up to the cook because she did not want to do here job but she sure charged us that gratuity. I have not been back there since and I think that was two years ago. Don't even have the desire to go there again until they get different management!.

It is too bad this place only wants to hire international people as well and they do not do a good job. The one day I did work, all the girls complained about the bus boy because he did not bus the tables. Whey did they hire him then? Oh Well These people need to realize that they need to support the locals or they are going to talk bad about them and tell everyone what a bad experience they had and not recommend they go there.

• Visited August 2013
Midwest
“Just ok”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had lunch, server was fine but kitchen was very slow. Dinning room was filthy - dirty window sills and carpet that had not been vacuumed in several days. Portions were generous taste was only ok. Probably will not return

Branson, Missouri
“Awesome view of the lakes, great service, friendly staff”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We were well greeted as we entered into a great atmosphere and aromas.
We sat on the porch overlooking a beautiful landscape.
It was lunch time and after driving from Estes Park we were very hungry. My bride of 29 years ordered the tomato soup & turkey sandwich. (Very reasonable.)
I ordered the local favorite Buffalo Meatloaf instead of something healthy. It came with a summer vegetable, yellow cauliflower, mashed potatoes, and a generous helping of meatloaf.
The only reason I did not give them five stars is the meatloaf was very dry, not my style.
Other than that it was very good.
For $15. I should have sent it back and ordered a heathy salad.

• Visited June 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Wonderful”
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

If you like the rustic feel of a wonderful lodge with an even more spectacular view, this location is for you. We attended a wedding on site and stayed in one of the cabins. We enjoyed our stay but were somewhat frustrated by the spotty wi-fi.

Visited June 2014