“Did you know Buffalo could be delicious?”
Review of Grand Lake Lodge

Grand Lake Lodge
Ranked #9 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Lake
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: t re-opened this summer. Lodge has been reconditioned. View is spectacular and food is wonderful and resaonably priced.
Reviewed September 11, 2013

During a recent visit to Grand Lake, CO., we stopped for lunch at the famous Grand Lake Lodge. We ordered a buffalo burger with bacon, carmalized onions and all the goodie inside. It was sooo delicious and we got to watch a theme wedding complete with zoot suits and boas. Fun afternoon.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We did not stay at the Lodge but did have lunch here & enjoyed the views while dining. My husband had the bison meatloaf, I had the Turkey BLT & my son had the chicken salad with smoked bacon. While we all enjoyed our lunch, I have to say it was the views that made it over the top for us. I told my teenage son that I wanted him to fly my husband & me back there for a few days when he makes it into NASCAR. lol

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We went twice around Labor Day and had four different entrees, plus soup, wine, a mixed drink, and, dessert. All of it was very good to excellent. High points include the whiskey marinated steak and the beer/smoked gouda soup. For the gluten sensitive, the vegetarian entree was excellent as well. The only very mild disappointment was the hamburger, a preformed patty. The prices were reasonable and the view for those dining on the covered porch is excellent.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was our third visit to the Lodge. We were dining with friends for their 25th wedding anvers. The food was great with desert. We sat on the porch. I recommend it!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

With a balcony view of Grand Lake, the lodge and restaurant start off on the right foot. A rustic, wildlife decor with an open kitchen format, the restaurant features a varied menu of meat and fish and bison/elk. The bison meatloaf was the lightest meatloaf I've ever had perhaps because of the chunks of portabella mushrooms throughout--a must try if you're in a group. Soups are delicious and salads healthy and varied. The wine list is ample and desserts to please. A great value and a pleasant atmosphere with a very friendly dining staff.