“Just OK - at maybe half the price”
Review of Grand Lake Lodge

Grand Lake Lodge
Ranked #9 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Lake
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: t re-opened this summer. Lodge has been reconditioned. View is spectacular and food is wonderful and resaonably priced.
Lansing, Michigan
“Just OK - at maybe half the price”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Very nice location and amazing views of the lake, but the food was only average, and way too expensive. We enjoy fine dining on occasion, and don't mind paying a premium price for a meal when the quality is exceptional. While the menu choices appeared to be fine dining-type meals (which were supported by the prices), the actual taste of the food left a lot to be desired. The presentations of the meals were very good – but everything we had was just so-so. Take away the presentation, cut the prices in half, and the meals would have been “good.” Not great, just good.

Visited October 2012

Colorado
“Good food, great view, a bit 'pricey'”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife and I had dinner here one evening in late September. It was towards the end of their summer season, and they were not very busy. The Lodge is located a little ways off of Highway 34, inside the Rocky Mountain National Park boundary. It’s one of those old National Park lodges, built in the 1930s or 1940s, but has since been restored. It has that mid-20th century ambiance, and a great view of Grand Lake from the dining room. Service was friendly and prompt, and the food was good. My wife had the coconut shrimp and I had the buffalo meatloaf. Both were very good. Prices are a little on the high side. We had no appetizer, no drinks and no dessert – just the entrees – and the bill, with tax and tip – came to almost $50. It’s a nice spot for a special dinner, but probably not someplace you’d go every night, unless money is no object.

Visited September 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Highly Recommend the Experience”
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

I ate here tonight with colleagues on a business trip. The view is spectacular - its what mountain living in Colorado is all about I will come again and bring my wife and perhaps other family members.

The place is beautiful, superbly maintained, and I'm told on the register of national historic places and if it's not it should be. However, the food is just okay and the service is again nothing special but adequate and the waitstaff I will say worked hard and was attentive. Nevertheless, the food is nothing special, the portions are small, and prices are high. I had their salmon dish which was good - but I thought the sauce and presentation was again just okay.

I did love their bread - it was delicious and their butter was not frozen - I always appreciate that in any Resturant. Finally, my overall recommendation is go you should not miss this experience - just don't expect too much regarding the food. I loved the view, the atmosphere, and the ambiance. Check these guys out you can't go wrong and actually with just a bit of tweaking they can be world class.

1 Thank Bringstheeagle
Colorado Springs, CO
“Good Food - Gorgeous View”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed at the Grand Lake Lodge and enjoyed good (not great) food but really enjoyed the view from the front porch and from the restaurant. We were there at the peak of the Aspens turning golden. What a beatiful view from the Lodge. This is a very relaxing atmosphere. The Buffalo Meatloaf was the best item we had. Some of the other dishes were good but not memorable. We will go back for the setting and relaxation more than the food.

Visited September 2012
Marietta, Georgia
“Good place to eat in Grand Lake with nice moutain views”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stopped by to see the Grand Lake Lodge before a backpacking trip in RMNP and ended up having lunch. We ate on the glassed in area outside the large main dining room and enjoyed great views of the mountains. The glass windows slide open so if the weather is right it is a very pleasant experience. Two in our party had the angus burger and the other had bison burger. The burgers were good size and very tasty along with the side of fries. The service was prompt and friendly and the food arrived pretty quickly. The lunch menu is reasonable in price but the dinner looks to be a little more pricey. Definitely worth a visit if you are in Grand Lake for lunch.

• Visited September 2012