“Sadly it is no more”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The home made beer was always fantastic. A home brew and pastrami on rye were always a winning combination. Unfortunately the brewery is no more.

1  Thank jamesbi
There are newer reviews for The Grand Lake Brewing Company

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

My family stopped in on a whim. mMy husband wanted to try the sampler. Was fun to test the different ones. I do not drink beer and found them to be tasty. The Nitro was great... There were a couple great and a couple ehh beers. The Spinach Artichoke dip was fabulous. Pizza good. Was very disappointed in them being out of cheese beer bread. The decor needs updating and some atmosphere. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Overall good time

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I are lovers of microbrews and we found the beer here to be very under- whelming. We got the beer sampler and they weren't bad but some of them were not that different from a Coors or a Budweiser.

On the other hand, our meals were very good. I ordered the lasagna and thought it was delicious. The sauce was outstanding and the portion size was quite large. My husband ordered the crab cake and he was very happy with it. Our meals also came with soup and they were tasty. The service was adequate and our meals came out pretty quickly.

All in all, the food was above average and reasonably priced. The beers were not all that good and the décor and atmosphere were nothing really special either.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This place is a little hard to get to, the beer is ok. It was empty when we went and our service was great, the bartender even gave us a free sample of one of the beers that wasn't on the sampler menu.

1  Thank EmilyT508
Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife and I sampled every beer on tap, and though most were average or slightly above there wasn't a bad beer in the lineup. We didn't eat, as we had the same impression of the dingy feel as other reviewers have described. Ended up grabbing a growler of the Rocky Mountain Red as that was the favorite, and then heading elsewhere to eat.