“Amazing Getaway in a Perfect Spot”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grand Lake
Moose Lake Lodge, LLC
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Amazing Getaway in a Perfect Spot”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Spent a wonderful weekend in Billabong House - the perfect getaway. The house is big and well-appointed, with a welcoming and family feel. The location offers excellent access to the best of Colorado's year-round activities, while feeling wonderfully private and secluded. The hosts are a lovely couple who knows what it takes to make a vacation special. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed March 2014

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Make sure that you know your dates that you are planning to be there for sure. I am in the military and my deployment was extended. Even though I canceled in the time frame they kept $75 of my $200 deposit. Not a military friendly establishment!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Dorian C
RhonddaW, Owner at Moose Lake Lodge, LLC, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
I am sorry, but all confirmed reservations are subject to a cancellation charge. This is clearly stated in my policies. There is no "timeframe" in which to cancel without a fee. My properties are in high demand and a cancellation fee is necessary to ensure that renters are sure of their dates.

However, I AM PERSONALLY OFFENDED THAT I AM ACCUSED OF NOT BEING FRIENDLY TO THE MILITARY COMMUNITY, just on the basis of following my clearly stated policy. I very much support the military community and appreciate all that the troops do for our country.

My son is a Marine and has served his country well. I have offered discounted rates, when I have been able, to military families, and many have very much enjoyed their time at our lake.
I have provided deeply discounted lodging for some wounded warriors so they could come to Grand Lake to snowmobile. I have given support for my son's program taking wounded warriors on fly fishing trips. I AM A MILITARY SUPPORTER!!
Firestone, Colorado
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at the Log House the week before July 4th 2013. There were 3 couples and 3 children and we had a great time. Very relaxing and peaceful with an abundance of wildlife! To be honest we spent the bulk of our time out on the deck enjoying the wonderful views of the lake! We were provided with 2 paddle boats, a canoe and rowboat. They were used everyday for fun and fishing. We loved that you could walk out to the deck directly from the lower level of the house. The bedrooms were nice and functional and there was plenty of space for everyone throughout the house. The owners came over to say hello and made sure we had enough propane for our grill. The ONLY negative was that the kitchen could have been cleaner. We found numerous utensils that were put away dirty. We will be back again for the peace and tranquility of Moose Lake Lodge! Thank you for our wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cblyon10
Ohio
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed in the Billabong House in June 2012 and would return in a heartbeat. There were 4 adults and 3 teenagers. The house was beautiful, comfortable and had lots of room to allow us all our own space. The kitchen was well outfitted and was a dream to cook in. Stan and Rhondda were gracious hosts. We caught lots of fish in the private stocked lake and spent hours paddling around the lake in a canoe, rowboat or paddle boat. We saw moose and elk daily. I have to agree with Stan when he stated if you aren't seeing wildlife here, you aren't looking. One large bull moose wandered within 20 yards of the deck and almost wandered onto the boat dock. If you walk the perimeter of the lake, you will see moose laying in the woods about dusk. The house was very quiet. The office for Moose Lake Lodge is attached to the Billabong House over an attached garage where Wells store some equipment to maintain the lodge but we never heard them. They only way we knew they were around is seeing the garage door open when we were coming or going or seeing them working outside maintaining the grounds. In fact, we saw a lot of them by choice since they were a great source for tips on what to see and do in the area. Stan was in outdoor education so is great at answering just about any question you have. Less than 10 minutes to Grand Lake and less than five minutes to the entrance of the park. Stan and Rhondda, I suspect we will be back. Thank you for sharing your beautiful home!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dbohio
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This lodge exceeded our expectations! We were looking for that quiet mountain retreat to get away from it all and discovered it at Moose Lake Lodge. We rented the Elk Cabin to accommodate our 2 families (and 1 dog) and found that it was spacious and wonderfully updated. I sometimes worry about the cleanliness of rentals that allow dogs but this place was immaculate. The owners met us upon arrival and made sure we had what we needed. They left us with bird food so the kids could feed the birds – they were excited to see the Stellar's Jays up close. A nice touch! We loved the lake view and the mountain scenery at the edge of the Rocky Mountain National Park. In the evening we watched as the sun set on the snowcapped peaks and in the morning we awoke to a dusting of snow that made the cabin cozy and the view spectacular. It is close enough to head into Grand Lake for shopping, and sight seeing and to access Rocky Mountain National Park for hiking and elk viewing. We live in Fort Collins and love to recreate in the mountains. This is definitely our special weekend getaway place. We are already looking toward our next stay at Moose Lake Lodge!

Room Tip: We loved the Elk Lodge, but with a bigger group the Billabong would be a blast - family reunion?
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tina C
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed in Billabong House for a mini family reunion in late July 2012. The owners were gracious and charming, and when we arrived, showed us around the house, and left us with sugar to mix up into nectar for the hummingbirds. The kids had fun sharing that job every morning. The house is luxurious, spacious. and comfortable; we were five adults and three children, and everyone had lots of room and privacy. We enjoyed preparing meals in the outstandingly-equipped kitchen (two dishwashers!) and on the grill out on the deck. We made good use of the paddleboat, canoe, and rowboat that were available to us on the private dock. The lake does not allow waterized motorcraft, and it was so peaceful and serene. We saw moose, geese, deer, ducks, and one very lonely-looking pelican. The kids named the chipmunks and the hummingbirds were endlessly fascinating. Great wifi for those of us who had to check in with work while on vacation. The kids slept in the loft, which has a foldout sofa, and which faces the big picture windows of this very lovely home. We had a memorable stay and would love to come back whenever we can.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Milehikrs
Marked Tree, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I am recommending Moose Lake Lodge to some friends for their next vacation. Of course, I've shown them all the beautiful pictures I took while there & told them how wonderfully we were treated by Mr. & Mrs. Wells & their family. My visit to this site was for updated rates & other information. I'm appalled at some of these negative posts & I find it necessary to disagree with and/or dispute some of the statments. We've traveled extensively & had the most wonderful vacation of our lives in this resort. The area is beautiful, the accomodations exceptional & the wildlife abounds. Hey folks, you're taking a vacation to a cabin in the woods.....get a grip. The Wells are the most friendly, gracious owners we've
ever encountered. We found them to be the kind of hosts that "go the extra mile" to ensure their guests enjoy their stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Daven Haven Lodge & Cabins
Daven Haven Lodge & Cabins
#12 of 20 in Grand Lake
Western Riviera Lakeside Lodging & Events

Been to Moose Lake Lodge, LLC? Share your experiences!