“Lovely and peaceful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grand Lake
Moose Lake Lodge, LLC
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed in Billabong House for a mini family reunion in late July 2012. The owners were gracious and charming, and when we arrived, showed us around the house, and left us with sugar to mix up into nectar for the hummingbirds. The kids had fun sharing that job every morning. The house is luxurious, spacious. and comfortable; we were five adults and three children, and everyone had lots of room and privacy. We enjoyed preparing meals in the outstandingly-equipped kitchen (two dishwashers!) and on the grill out on the deck. We made good use of the paddleboat, canoe, and rowboat that were available to us on the private dock. The lake does not allow waterized motorcraft, and it was so peaceful and serene. We saw moose, geese, deer, ducks, and one very lonely-looking pelican. The kids named the chipmunks and the hummingbirds were endlessly fascinating. Great wifi for those of us who had to check in with work while on vacation. The kids slept in the loft, which has a foldout sofa, and which faces the big picture windows of this very lovely home. We had a memorable stay and would love to come back whenever we can.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Milehikrs

Reviewed June 2, 2012

I am recommending Moose Lake Lodge to some friends for their next vacation. Of course, I've shown them all the beautiful pictures I took while there & told them how wonderfully we were treated by Mr. & Mrs. Wells & their family. My visit to this site was for updated rates & other information. I'm appalled at some of these negative posts & I find it necessary to disagree with and/or dispute some of the statments. We've traveled extensively & had the most wonderful vacation of our lives in this resort. The area is beautiful, the accomodations exceptional & the wildlife abounds. Hey folks, you're taking a vacation to a cabin in the woods.....get a grip. The Wells are the most friendly, gracious owners we've
ever encountered. We found them to be the kind of hosts that "go the extra mile" to ensure their guests enjoy their stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sandra W
Reviewed May 30, 2012

The Log House is so charming and idyllic to stay in for a family getaway. The exposed original log reminds you that you are in a real cabin, but the newer downstairs gives you comfort and the luxury of a steam shower and big comfy living room . The cabin is on a small lake that you can fish and canoe on (canoe and other boats are provided), and a deck overlooking the lake is a great place to have a family BBQ. I highly recommend the Log House and Moose Lake Lodge.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank awabroad
Reviewed May 6, 2012

The house was amazing. It was big and mostly clean and had all the bells and whistles. Our problem was with the owner Rhonda Wells. We were not informed until after we booked and paid that they live on the property... they live in the bunkhouse above the garage which is attached to the house. The kept thier personal belonings in the house and the food in the fridge. We had barely enough space for our stuff. The house was listed to sleep 10, we had a total of 8 show up. The owner constantly harrassed us about too many guests and too many cars, she kept calling us on the phone asking how many people we had. She also kept lurking around the deck peaking in the windows. We kept telling here we only had 8 and she called us liars saying we had too many cars to only have 8 and there must be more. Finally we all went outside and stood there so she could count us. we had a total of 5 cars because everyone came up seperately at different times.The web site also promotes "very pet friendly" but we were informed, after we booked that no pets were allowed ever! The harassment that we recieved will ensure we will never rent another property from Moose lake lodge LLC. Thank you Rhonda Wells for ruining our trip and stressing us out on what was supposed to be a relaxing getaway! Stay away from this house!

Room Tip: rent @ another location!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
14  Thank Ray J
RhonddaW, Owner at Moose Lake Lodge, LLC, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Maybe I was a little over zealous in protecting my beautiful, very expensive home with these renters, but many red flags were raised during the booking process that made me suspicious. After negotiating a reduced rate based on 4 people, they kept wanting to add extra people. I reluctantly agreed to open up an extra bedroom for a possible 6 people maximum.

We recently suffered through two very difficult rentals when the renters chose to invite lots of extra people, break into our personal office/ bunkhouse area, have a raucous party and leave the house in a mess. So, we felt it was in our best interest to stay at our property rather than go to our home in Denver as originally planned. We were CORRECT. These renters did invite extra people and brought 5 cars. I don't know how many people turned up but I suspect it may have been more if we had not been here.

All the other complaints are totally exaggerated Their account of events is very different from my own, and I would be very happy to honestly discuss this unfortunate rental with anyone who cares to call me at 303-740-7441 or e-mail me at mooselakelodge@msn.com.

If you are looking for a place invite extra friends, have a party and are not willing to comply with our policies - then please do stay away.

However, if you are looking for a fabulous house in a spectacular, lakefront location to share with a small extended family / friends group, are honest and responsible, and are willing to comply with our very reasonable policies, then this is the house for you.

We own six other homes and spend time in all of them. However, since the Billabong House is our favorite (it is, after-all, a gorgeous and very comfortable home for our own family and friends to enjoy) we rent the Billabong House for less than 100 nights per year - mostly to repeat renters. It books up very quickly.

Thanks for taking the time to read this response and being open-minded and understanding. We work very hard to provide a home for families to have wonderful time and create beautiful memories. In hindsight, even though our policies are clearly stated on my website, I should have been a little more forceful in explaining that we do not allow for extra guests and maybe these particular guests would have chosen to rent somewhere else. I have learned my lesson!!

Please contact me for further clarification if needed,

Rhondda Wells
303-740-7441
mooselakelodge@msn.com

Reviewed February 29, 2012

My husband and I rented the Woolly House cabin for 4 nights in August 2011. The location was very close to the Grand Lake entrance of Rocky Mountain National Park and is close to the town of Grand Lake, CO.

The cabin is set on a beautiful lake. We very much enjoyed having our own canoe & dock. There were many hummingbirds buzzing around the deck as they have several feeders hanging.

The cabin is very basic, which was ok for us since we didn't spend much time in the cabin itself. The owners do not allow you to use the fireplace in the summer, which was a bummer. There was not a hair dryer in the cabin and when I called to request one, the owner brought one to the cabin right away for me!

We did not see any moose on the property, however saw many elk on the access road leading in. We did see several female moose just a short distance into the park from the Grand Lake entrance on the left in the Kawuneeche Valley.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank polskacorka
Reviewed September 24, 2010

I would have no hesitation in recommending Moose Lake Lodge to any family or couples
seeking to stay in a quiet forest and lake type environment in delightful well equipped
cabins.The cabins vary in terms of size, each one fitted out with all facilities on the lakes
edge with a canoe, which can be used for paddling or fishing in the well stocked lake..Extensive use of local timbers is a feature of the cabins.The owners are caring professionals who go out of their way to make their guests feel welcome. Pets are also welcome.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank gapsted
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Fantastic all around! Rooms were spacious, well appointed, and above all, clean. Wonderful views of the small lake it is on. And they have a dock for each house, each with canoes and some with paddle boats. It has a great location very close to the entrance of Rocky Mountain National Park and Arapahoe National Forest. Lots of fun activities to do around the cabin(s) or beautiful settings to just sit back and relax. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Monk5280