“Grand Escape = Great Escape”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grand Lake
Grand Escape Cottages
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed her with some of our friends and all of our kids. Great location, service, amenities. It's exactly what you would expect from a mountain cabin, not the Ritz, but you shouldn't be expecting that. We had a great time and really enjoyed staying here, we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The have a room with a lake view, but they are all good, from what we saw.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Grand Escape Cottages

Reviewed October 11, 2011

My husband and I visit the Grand Escape cottages frequently, but every time I have family in town, they "demand" a return visit to the Grand Escape cottages. Deer Trail is also our very favorite cabin, because you can look out and see the great views and the quaint little town. The cabins are clean, cozy and warm in the winter time. Tom and Mary take great pride in the upkeep of the cabins and are always pleasant and welcoming. I recommend Grand Escape to everyone and you should try it too!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mmhalvo
Reviewed October 10, 2011

schnoor cottage. nice one bedroom, comfortable living area, tv, kitchen.view of downtown from covered porch. short walk to lake, shopping, restaurants.easy parking.
Easy drive to Rocky Mtn National Park.
Mgrs. Mary and Tom very helpful and caring.
Have stayed there for 10 years in different cottages. Great place to be june - oct.
Great colors in sept..

Room Tip: Call a head to get the cottage that fits your needs. fills up early.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Larry W
Reviewed September 6, 2011

This is one major rip off! Don't stay here. Way over priced, no privacy, pitiful services, small and old.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank j t
Reviewed October 27, 2010

The four of us -- two couples -- stayed in the 2 bedroom 1 bath Deer Trail cabin. Comfortable living/kitchen area with a TV and a view of downtown from the covered porch. Very short walk to the lake and to shopping, restaurants, bars. One of the two bedrooms was pretty small with very little room on either side of the bed but that would be my only minor complaint. Short drive to Rocky Mountain National Park and US Forest trails as well as Shadow Mountain Lake and Lake Granby. Not uncommon to see wildlife (moose, bear, fox, elk) passing thru town. Book ahead.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2010

We stayed in the Eagles Nest Cabin like the last people who wrote a review, and agree with the comfort of it. However, it was not what I expected. The way their website described their resort, you would think they were nestled next to the river. Yes, there is a river, and if there were no other buildings and trees, you might be able to hear a wisper of it. They also described our cabin as "lake view". Yes, we could see some of the lake, and maybe before there were other buildings and full grown trees, you could probably call it a lake view. The other cabins were literally in the small parking lot, and the "Lake View Cottage" and "River View Cottage" had NO such view!
We did make the best of our stay, and after seeing the whole town of Grand Lake, I don't think there are any resorts on the Lake or River (unless you want to rent your own stand alone cabin). I guess we are spoiled here in Minnesota and Wisconsin with all the lakes!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kim D
Reviewed September 9, 2009

Our first trip to the Eagle's Nest cabin was last Labor Day (08) and the day we left, we reserved this year (09) and added a day to our mini vacation. I cannot say enough good things about Mary, Tom and the Grand Lake Escape Cottages and their guests! We moved to Denver from Michigan 2 years ago and we grew up in Canada and Indiana. I wanted to spend some time on a lake in a cottage/cabin like when I was growing up during the summer months in Michigan (my boyfriend spent summers on Georgian Bay, ON). We like to kayak, fly fish and just hang out and relax. This is a perfect place to go to do all those things and more! It reminds both of us of those wonderful times we had as kids. We eat breakfast and dinner on the quiet little deck (Eagle's Nest) that overlooks Grand Lake and some aspens and lunch on an island in Shadow Mountain Lake or right on the kayak! It is at the top of the hill of the property and is my very favorite place in Colorado! There is a gas grill and a kitchenette that meets all of our needs for cooking and refrigeration! The lake is a short block away and the river is right behind the cottages, also a short walk. The 3/4 wrap-around windows in the studio let the moonlight and the sunlight peek through perfectly and offer a great breeze. The town is about 1/2 block away and within seconds you can be at the restaurants, bars, shopping, ice cream, putt-putt, coffee shop, groceries or whatever you need (or want). As we were unpacking the car this year, I said "I love this place" and my boyfriend proposed less than 1 hour later! Now it will always be even more special to us. And you guessed it, I have reserved it again for next year!!!! :-)

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Daven Haven Lodge & Cabins
Daven Haven Lodge & Cabins
#14 of 20 in Grand Lake
Western Riviera Lakeside Lodging & Events

Been to Grand Escape Cottages? Share your experiences!