“Great Place to Stay with Our Family” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Grand Junction

La Quinta Inn & Suites Grand Junction
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

When you first step into the lobby and breakfast eating area, the impression is that this is going to be a great place to stay. Due to arriving early, we left our bags at the front desk until our room was ready. Front desk staffer (blonde young man, didn't get his name) was very accommodating. We came back late afternoon and checked in. Honestly, this room was very disappointing. My husband and I are blondes, and nothing grosses me out more than finding dark hairs all over the floor and counters, as I know for certain that they aren't ours. The air conditioning didn't keep up very well and we felt stuffy during the night even though we set it to about 68. The counter was wiped very quickly and there were visible streaks and spots, along with the hair. Hair on the floor. Hair in the tub. Not a fresh smell, either. The carpeting was older and I really didn't trust walking barefoot based on the condition of the bathroom. The breakfast was only OK. Only protein was hard boiled eggs that I had to peel. I think that there are other places to stay in the area that would be nicer than this La Quinta, so won't be going back, unfortunately.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I'm sitting here at the La Quinta as I write this. Many updates. New carpeting, new wood floors in elevators and new style bedding. We travel with our 2 dogs and here we are on the 5th floor, as opposed to being stuck somewhere on the 1st.

I requested a refrigerator, needed for meds. When we checked in, the front desk was so helpful. No fridges available, but they gave us the staff refrigerator/microwave setup from the staff area. How great is that? Grounds are lovely, easy to walk the dogs. Nice sized room, great bath area.

We've stayed here in the past and enjoyed it. Now even better. Dog owners will love it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Durango, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

but, then again, I wasn't expecting too much. Our stay at the La Quinta was fine. Definitely ask for a room that is not on the highway side of the building, as the interstate is adjacent and the opposite side is much quieter!

We were surprised that the beds seemed a little small, but maybe that because they were doubles and not queens. The room was a good size, but the bathroom was a little oddly shaped with two doors that folded inwards in place a traditional door. These were kind of hard to close and lock. The breakfast did not have many fresh foods to choose from, but my daughter did love the chocolate muffins.

The La Quinta is located near the airport right off the interstate, but not much of anything else. A car is required to go anywhere to eat or shop (the nearest dinner spot was at least 3/4 of a mile away). So if I were to stay again in Grand Junction, I'd look downtown for the convenience of easy access to walk places.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

We booked a deluxe king room on the fourth floor. THey only have these rooms on i-70 and we found it to be very noisy. The road disturbed our sleep. Also, The carpet had stains and needed to be shampooed. The woodwork was filthy, needed paint. The room was large and very comfortable and the staff was excellent.

Room Tip: Always welcome our dog and this is very much appreciated.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have been staying here for 4 nights and this is a wonderful La Quinta!! The hotel is beautiful and the staff is AWESOME!! I want to say I am a dog person and La Quinta's are the friendliest dog hotel chain there is!! As a dog person, I want to tell other dog people to be great hotel guests so La Quinta continues to be so wonderful to dog people. Please, please, please, pick up your dog pooh (they provide bags and trash cans so there is NO EXCUSE!) and please keep your dog on leash in the hallways and on the property, I don't care how good your dog is! I am a dog trainer for a living so I am a huge dog lover BUT dog people are their own worst enemies, but we can change that. Be responsible and good dog owners so La Quinta and other hotels continue to allow our wonderful furry family members to join us on vacation!
Thank you La Quinta!! Meldona, Jim and our furry kids.

Room Tip: Love the King Suites!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple