“Excellent Stay!!!”
Review of Grand Vista Hotel

Grand Vista Hotel
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We had a wonderful stay here,Top notch customer Service.Easy check in and out,Our rate included breakfast daily,which was always fresh. Restaurant staff so kind and attentive.We had a large clean room.The bed was so comfortable,I slept so good.Our room was cleaned daily and always smelled fresh and clean.I cant say enough about this place,Excellent Hotel,Great Price, and did I mention Great Location.Easy access to Airport and interstate that will take you anywhere you need to go!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

The only thing going for this hotel is the staff. From the shuttle driver to the desk, restaurant and housekeeping, they are super friendly.

The entire hotel needs to be renovated, especially the carpet in the rooms. This is the first time that I actually don't take off my shoes at all. In fact, I had to walk over towels after I took a shower. The carpets besides being of a dark color they have stains so you can imagine how dirty they are. Please renovate!!!!

The breakfast buffet is simple but good. I loved the fact that the eggs are real scrabbled ones and not the fake kind. It really makes a difference because I was really full.

They have two computers available in the lobby. There not much around the hotel, but it is 5 minute away from the airport

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Out of my daughter's and my two week trip exploring the different canyons we came to stay at this hotel. We chose it through the recommendation of Adventure Bound. They need to look for a better hotel to recommend! Of our two weeks traveling, this hotel only offered breakfast at an increased cost, versus the free breakfast we enjoyed at other hotels. The room had a not pleasant odor and the room layout was mediocre at best. I was not impressed and would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The Grand Vista Hotel is located near the airport (Walker Field) on Horizon Drive in Grand Junction, making the location extremely convenient as it's close to both I-70 and several restaurants and other attractions. The lobby is well appointed and comfortable, the staff is friendly, the rooms are clean the beds are comfortable and, best of all, the price is reasonable when you compare this hotel to others in the Grand Junction area. The Grand Vista is my first (and often only) choice when staying in Grand Junction. The hotel has a restaurant and an adorable pub-style bar that features live music and karaoke.

Room Tip: some rooms feature a breathtaking view of the bookcliffs. Some have a view of the Highline irrigatio...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We booked this hotel because it is pet friendly which we appreciate. Additionally, the price was very reasonable. However the biggest issue we had with the hotel is that on our third night we saw white body fluids on the blanket on our bed. Needless to say we were grossed out. Unfortunately we hadn't seen it the first two nights in the room. Closer inspection of the room revealed that it was just lightly dusted and not well cleaned between guests. Also, it is hit and miss with the front desk staff, some are very friendly (Nick) and others are just marking time. Next time we are in Grand Junction we'll be staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Had a room with two queen beds overlooking the entrance roof. Good room with fridge and microwave. Noisy air condition.
Paid 9 dollar each for breakfast and was a little disappointed. Not more than at an average motel. We liked a lot that it was served on real plates and cutlery. (We europeans hate all those disposable ones you almost always get here in the US. Not sustainable at all, but people is probably too lazy to do the dishes).
To sum in up: we were happy with our stay but it was nothing special.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This place was Awesome! We had our therapy dog with us who had recently had knee surgery and the staff and facility were truely PET FRIENDLY! The kids loved the indoor pool but the hot tub didn't have jets. The room was HUGE, clean, comfortable and a fabulous value. We, two adults, a teen, a pre-teen and a silver standard poodle fit VERY comfortably. It was close to the Palisades wine valley. Although the one criticism I have is that no one could tell us much about the vineyards close by. We just drove down to them, visited a few and went to the downtown and visited some lovely shops. My husband and I will likely take another trip back to this area again

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family