“Great Price but no Breakfast.”
Review of Grand Vista Hotel

Grand Vista Hotel
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Just needed a place to crash in Grand Junction, so got a great deal on Priceline but not breakfast, which for the price we could live with.

The rooms were comfortable, nice beds, lovely comfy chair with ottoman, but housekeeping was a little lacking.

While plugging in something, I noticed there were several pieces of pop corn on the floor near the head board... I don't know how you could have missed it if you made the bed.

Also, the floor boards needed a good vacuuming and wash. The A/C Heat was a little old but worked (had an adjoining room and their a/c heater looked new.)

The bathroom had granite counter tops and nice slate floors. Clearly they didn't put down the toilet seat when cleaning because it needed a good wipe down which I did with a wash cloth.

Housekeeping is really my main gripe here. Front desk was good, parking was good, location was good. But at 8am I don't want to hear vacuuming in the room next door. I also, don't want to have housekeeping knocking on the door at 8:15 am (I know my fault for not putting out the do not disturb sign...but still...). I told them in a NOT nice voice to "GO AWAY.!"
I was on vacation and was try to sleep in!!!

So, I gave it a very good for the money. The quality for the price was good. The sign out side said. "Grand H--el" Missing need to replace the O and T. Would stay here again."

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Adraval

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because we participated at the biking event "Tour of the Moon". The room (2 double beds) was big enough for the 5 of us (3 grown-ups, 1 child, 1 baby). We got a baby crib free of charge. The staff was very nice. Nothing to complain about!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We paid $68 (not a special rate, just the rate we were offered when we called) including tax for a good sized, clean room in this hotel near the airport! This is not a 4 or 5 star hotel but it is clean, safe and they even have an airport shuttle. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The facilities are a bit dated. No room safe and lighting in the rooms are dim. Is close to the airport, but far from downtown and restaurant area. Comfortable beds. Shower has low pressure but water is plenty hot. Breakfast buffet is $8.95, but there is a Village Inn within a block. Staff is nice and friendly. Fitness center has three machines, but no bench, nor free weights. Large swimming pool, but hot tub is close and personal. Complimentary shampoo only in the bathroom. Huge king size bed and fast WI-FI.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MonTues
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Traveling through Grand Junction in early August, all the chains were booked so we took a chance on a good internet deal. Clean room in relatively good shape, no complaints and a good nights rest. Would recommend to anyone as long as you get a discount or special offer. Not a destination lodging in my opinion. but a safe choice for an overnight.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed here in August and it was perfect for just a quick stay. The room is a little dated, but good size and the bathrooms had horrible ventilation. When my husband took a shower, with the fan on and door open everything was wet. If you love moist toilet paper then you'll love this place.

Our friends in the room next to us also had the same issue with their bathroom.

The room did have a fridge and microwave which if we were staying longer is always a plus.

Our bed was extremely bouncy. When we tossed our duffel bag on the bed it bounced a few times which was kind of entertaining. On a side note, our friend’s bed was hard as rocks.

The staff was all friendly and they have an indoor pool that we didn't take advantage of.

They do have a bar that does late night karaoke. Word of advice, if you have any slight drunken buzz or looking for a fun time avoid this bar like the plague.

We walked in and after 5 minutes of depressing, TERRIBLE country music singing my birthday party had quickly sobered up.

Also, we got this room thru Hotels.com - $60, which is a fair price for this place,

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank pretty-as-a-peacock
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My dad, myself and my 2 children stayed at the Grand Vista Hotel as we passed through heading back to Colorado Springs from Mesquite NV. It is a 6 level hotel with a lot of rooms. We were very happy with the room quality, cleanliness, and value. We were only passing through, so we did not have time to eat in the restaurant or swim, but it was a very nice place. Even my dad the self proclaimed "hotel snob" was very pleased. Only thing I thought was kind of strange is that they charge for combs. I have worked at several hotels and never charged for a comb. It was a dollar, it did not break me, just thought it was strange :)

Room Tip: Nice view from the top floor