“Economical and clean”

Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Gunnison, Colorado
“Economical and clean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

There are no bells and whistles at this hotel but when you are on a budget and want something clean and affordable this is the place for you. On the negative side, this is a very dated hotel so the beds aren't as comfortable and the thread count in the sheets is not as high. However, the rooms and spacious and clean and the staff courteous. We did have breakfast in the hotel one of the mornings and it was very affordable and for a hotel buffet, quite nice. The pool and hot tub were a favorite for my kids who needed it after the hot day in Grand Junction.

Room Tip: Rooms with 2 queen beds have plenty of room for an additional twin mattress if traveling with little...
1 Thank GunniMom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were not official guests of Grand Vista but we had an experience that needs to be shared... We were returning to Denver with my son who had just been discharged after 5 days in St. Mary's hospital following a jet ski accident at Lake Powell. It was over 100 degrees and he was extremely anxious about the drive home and proceeded to get sick in our car. We cleaned him up and decided to take shelter in the cool air of the Grand Vista lobby. He was clearly in bad shape (over heated and upset). The General Manager offered for us to use a room for a few hours to get him relaxed and cooled off. They got us a wheel chair to use, bags of ice and help up to the room. They were amazingly generous, caring and compassionate people. We were exhausted and just wanted to get home so I never said Thank You before I left. So I want folks to know if the hotel stay is anything like the people that work there, you will not be disappointed. Thank you to the Grand Vista Hotel staff that worked on Wed July 10th in the afternoon!!

5 Thank MountainFunOnes
Whittier, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Most Motel 6's charge the same price as this hotel but this hotel is twice as better as a Motel 6. You get twice the room size compared to a motel 6, a microwave, refrigerator and a comfortable bed. My wife and kids went to the swimming pool and my wife commented that the pool was extremely clean compared to other hotels we stayed at during our trip. The hotel states that WiFi is available in public places, but I found that I was able to connect from my room. The outside of the hotel may be a little dated, but the inside of the rooms are nice. I would definitely stay here again if I travel through Grand Junction in the future.

2 Thank FitTeacher
phoenix
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here July 1, 2013. We were on our way from Phoenix to Denver and Grand Junction is about half way. This is more of a hotel than a motel which is a little different for a road trip stop. The advantage is it's quieter since there's no road noise. Disadvantage is you have to haul your stuff from the parking lot and up the elevator. No biggie. Nice, friendly staff, nice clean room with decent tv and cable and a fridge and coffee maker. Trust me. For the price (about $60) this is by far the best place in town. From now on if I lay over in GJ I'm staying here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank phoenixgentleman
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

This place wasn't too bad. For the price, it is pretty good. I would describe it as a Holiday Inn from the 90's. In fact, it kind of looks like maybe it used to be a Ramada or something. The bathroom was nice, the bed was okay (kind of outdated bedding and not the newest mattress, but clean and I slept fine). We stayed on our way to Las Vegas from Nebraska. Not too far off of the interstate. I would have no problem staying again for the price. Much better than a Motel 6 or Econo Lodge but not a Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn either.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank A_from_Midtown
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

For only $8 more than the cheapest hotel in this town (a very run down mess) this hotel provides a great experience. EVERYTHING is clean and WORKS. Everything is new and maintained. The sink and tub drain; the adjustable shower head works; there are recessed electrical outlets in the TOP of the desk; the coffeemaker, fridge & microwave work, the hot water is "instant-on-hot"; the WiFi works; there's a pool and it's clean. I pass through this town several times each summer and from now on this is the place for me.

Room Tip: I'm certain that any room will be great
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Frank F
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel en route from Las Vegas to Denver. We booked a room with a king-sized bed, and were very happy with the large, clean room, and very comfortable bed. The price was far less than the larger hotel chains just down the street. This hotel has a nice ambience - the hotel staff were all very friendly, and there is a cute little lounge in the lobby with happy-hour prices, and entertainment. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business