“Fun place for families or groups with a very accommodating fabulous staff!!!”

Clarion Inn Grand Junction
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Colorado
“Fun place for families or groups with a very accommodating fabulous staff!!!”
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We were a high school marching band. The rooms were perfect, clean and comfy. The location is great - just off Interstate 70, and within fifteen minutes of pretty much anything in Grand Junction.

The hotel has a large atrium with ping pong tables, pool tables, sitting area, a large POOL and HOT TUB. So our entire group could congregate and have fun together with out being in anyones way. And with the layout of the hotel, we didn't seem to bother other guests because the rooms are in a different area down hallways (ask for a room away from the atrium if you want peace and quiet.....ask for a room on the atrium if you want sliders to watch your kids while they play). We were hardly in our rooms!!

Best of all was the wonderful hotel staff, who were accommodating to our large group and helped us coordinate meals and practice etc. They have tables in the atrium to "hang out," and an upstairs loft for a "team meeting" etc.

The included breakfast was very good with some protein choices in addition to the standard bagels, cereal, begian waffles, and a good sized seating area.

I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone, and especially great for family groups or other groups because of the fun atrium and great staff.

• Stayed October 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 23, 2010

I drove 12 hours straight moving from southern Colorado and was completely exhausted when I arrived late into the room There were dirty towels in the bathroom, the bed linenes were stained and looked like they needed a good wash or bleach to say the least. As pulled the sheets back to get into bed 2 bugs that were black and the size of a easer were visable I was so tired I killed the 2 bugs and removed them very grossed out got into bed turned off the light about 1am, tv blaring from the room next to me, very annoyed then I felt something crawling on my leg, to my horror 2 more black bugs!!!! got up packed and changed clothes went to the front desk It took them about 15 min to change rooms for me. I was then afraid to fall asleep in the new room the guy at the desk was rude and acted like I was crazy or lying. In the am after only 5 hours of sleep I got up and left ASAP as I was thouroughly disgusted. The Management took 20.00 off my room bill, however that is not nor never will be enough to EVER stay at any Clarion ever again after the most hotel experience in my entire life!!!! I would NEVER recommend EVER staying at this location!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank DEBBYB_10
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed October 2, 2010

We stayed in the Clarion Inn Grand Junction for only one night in August. The room was quite typical for a budget hotel and - what is most important - clean. When we arrived the air conditioning was out of order but we instantly got a new room after complaining at the front desk. The complimentary breakfast was OK, but I have had better breakfast in similar hotels. All in all the hotel is alright for a short stay

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed September 22, 2010

After reading several of the reviews we were a little reluctant to stay here, but it really turned out to be a nice hotel. The young lady who greeted us when we arrived couldn't have been nicer, the room was large and clean and the hotel grounds were decent. The only thing 'wrong' with this hotel is simply age... it has been recently redecorated and the furniture and room decor was very nice. We reserved a suite and it was perfect for our extended family; however, it was next to some kind of an equipment room that presumably housed the building's utilities and the noise from it was somewhat annoying during the night. We usually run the fan on the air/heat unit to drown out extraneous noises, but it didn't help with that noise! We did not use the pool areas, but they appeared to be clean and well kept. The morning breakfast was more than substantial with many items to choose from... but you'd better get there at least 15 or 20 minutes before breakfast is over because they clean up promptly and some of the items are not replenished if it is too close to the end. The hotel is very accessible from the highway and also easy driving distance from Safeway and downtown Grand Junction.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
rochester, ny
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I had been flying in to Salt Lake City and taking the train to Grand Junction just to see the view. I arrived in Grand Junction having no idea how to get around. The hotel has free shuttle that runs from airport, train, and "downtown" area.
They sent Randy to come get me, he was incredibly friendly and gave some recommendations of what to see and do. I ran into Randy a couple times during my stay and he was always really accommodating, as were all the staff.
They let me check in early without fee since I arrived at 11am and was exhausted. The bed was really comfortable with a choice of a lot of pillows. The sheets were clean and the room freshly vacuumed. For the price, I was very satisfied with what I got. I didn't hear any noise from the other rooms, the hallway or the parking lot as others complained about. The hotel is not walking distance to downtown, but with the free shuttle, who cares? It was a drive of about 8 minutes to downtown area. There was plenty to do within walking distance of the motel. Many of the other hotels have restaurants as well as this one, plenty of food choices. Fast food and sit down. Taco Bell, Subway, Burger King, a grocery store, some diners. I walked to subway one night to bring some food back to the room. I had lunch at the Village Inn right next door and the club sandwich was reasonably priced and really good fresh turkey.
There were a number of foosball tables, pool tables and an indoor pool in a very clean common area. I didn't check out the outdoor pool so I can't comment on it. My only complaint was the internet was wired and tethered to the desk. I am lazy, I like to lounge in bed and be online. The internet was fast and worked without an issue, just wired. I would definitely stay there again if I had a reason to go to Grand Junction.
I noticed a couple comments about the condition of the bathroom. The water pressure was great (I have waist length hair) but it is NOT a designer hotel. It's not a granite vegas style bathroom. It's a convenience motel. The shower was clean. I will say I found a stray short hair in the bathroom that was not mine, but if you are expecting a hermetically sealed room, stay somewhere pricier. The house cleaning service had clearly attended to this room, people shed a little, accept it. It was one stray hair. There was no hair in the sleeping/living area. The ceiling of the shower had a water spot on a tile, which doesn't bother me. It's a bathroom...it gets moisture.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 1, 2010

The pet room we were given smelled slightly of smoke even though it was supposed to be nonsmoking room. Also slight odor of (possibly) pet urine. There were some stains on the carpet. Bed was clean and comfortable; clean bathroom. If we were staying for more than 1 night, we might've requested another room, but it wasn't terrible. We chose this hotel because it was the highest rated in it's price point ($100) and NO online reports of bug infestations. The only thing we really didn't like is that the grounds did not have many grassy areas to walk dogs. And many people who had been there didn't pick up after their dogs. The room did not have a fridge (this appears to be a trend now), the ice machine on our floor was out of order, and the ATM machine rejected our card (not sure if machine's problem or our card). The restaurant attached to hotel (Coco's) must've recently gone out of business, but there is a Village Inn right next door and the hotel provides breakfast.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Colorado
Reviewed July 10, 2010

The official reservation confirmation said, "Your room will be held until 7:00 AM the morning following your scheduled arrival date." But when we arrived during the night, the hotel said our room was no longer available, and they put us in a room that was too small our size group. So we made grandma sleep on the floor. (Just kidding, we made a child sleep on the floor.)

The hotel area is very industrial. A tractor-trailer vehicle parked across half the parking lot and left the engine running all night. Before dawn, a group of men used the parking lot to meet up for their day's work, which meant a mix of personal vehicles, company trucks, and rap music.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family