The West & South-West Coast chapters of the Blue Knights had our annual conference at this motel during the end of July, 2010. 300+ of us invaded the motel - most staying at the motel, and others less fortunate staying elsewhere, but all attending meetings and dinners at the motel.
First off, the staff in the restaurant are EXCELLENT! They not only hosted the normal restaurant, but also put on a "light BBQ" our second day here. The BBQ consisted of hamburgers and hot dogs with potato salad and little bags of chips. The had naturally flavored water and ice tea available to drink and cookies for desert. Everything was cooked to perfection and nobody went away hungry. The restaurant staff had originally set up one line to feed everybody, but when they saw that things weren't moving real fast, they hurriedly set up a second line to get everyone through faster. Tonight we have an awards/annual banquet, and I am sure that it will go smoothly also. In addition, I have eaten a couple of meals at the restaurant, and the food was very good and not too costly.
The rooms we got were spacious, clean and well maintained. The A/C worked very well and kept my room at a comfortable 72. It was a welcome respite to come back to a cool room after riding a motorcycle in 90 - 100 degree heat. My room also had a good shower head (funny how you appreciate some of the small things) and big, fluffy towels. The room also came equipped with a large (around 40"?) LCD TV instead of a little TV - not that it got much use. The room also featured a nice desk (where this is being written) and a comfortable reading chair with ottoman and light.
I marked "Value" on this hotel/motel as four stars because I'm not sure what the normal cost for an average traveler would be. As a member of the conference, we received a reduced rate which would increase the "Value" up to 5 stars. The only reason I marked the "Location" down is because it's a little difficult to get into the parking area from the street. You have to wait on a traffic light to get in and out, and it was little confusing when I initially arrived. However, there are several fast food/restaurants and gas stations just down the road, and there was easy access to a major highway.
My only complaint/issue is with internet access. While there is free access in some of the common areas, if you want to access from your room you have to pay an additional $5 for 24 hours. Why is it that the big, fancy motels/hotels make you pay to access the internet, but the smaller establishments have it for free? At this time I have connected (barely) to the LaQuinta hotel across the street to write this.
One other item which will make some people happy and others not so... I am a smoker and this motel does have smoking rooms available. It is a sincere pleasure to be able to fully relax in my room, and not have to run outside to pursue my (bad) habit. Although the room I got was a smoking room, when I arrived it did NOT smell of smoke. Just another thing that made my stay that much more enjoyable.
Overall I have been very pleased with this establishment, and would definitely recommend it to others needing a place to stay in Grand Junction. As a member of the Blue Knights, I would like to thank the management of the motel for providing an outstanding stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and enjoy the breathtaking views and relaxing atmosphere of Colorado's Wine Country. Set amid a backdrop of lush valleys, beautiful mountains and alpine plateaus, The Doubletree Hotel Grand Junction is the perfect getaway for any traveler. Whether you are a professional business traveler or a family looking for a fun-filled vacation, the DoubleTree Hotel is the place to stay! During any season, guests can enjoy a wide array of outdoor activities, including downhill and cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, mountain biking, horseback riding, hiking, and vineyard tours. Whether it's a Stay 'n' Play Golf Package in the spring and summer months or a Stay 'n' Ski Package in the cool Grand Valley winters, the DoubleTree Hotel has something for everyone. We are centrally located close to Mesa State College, downtown Grand Junction, shopping, restaurants, and about 15 miles from Colorado's wine country and ski resorts. The Doubletree Hotel encompasses a beautifully landscaped 10-acre property that includes lighted tennis courts, a basketball court, sand volleyball, horseshoe pits, and an outdoor children's play area. A fully renovated Precor fitness center is available 24 hours a day. Guests can relax and soak up the sun at our heated seasonal outdoor pool and year-round jacuzzi. Guests can satisfy their hunger with a full breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu offered at the Bistro 743 Restaurant or stay in and experience our exceptional in-room dining. We feature nightly specials in our Lounge 743 where you can relax with friends and watch your favorite sports team on one of our three large flat-screen TV's. Check out the local band scene on Wednesday nights or kick off the weekend with Fiesta Fridays! The DoubleTree Hotel also offers more than 12,000 square feet of banquet meeting space, with up to 14 breakout rooms and a Grand Ballroom of 5,000 square feet. Book your meeting with us today! The Doubletree's 273 guestrooms feature the Sweet Dreams by DoubleTree sleep experience with plush-top mattress, luxurious linens, down comforters, and sweet dreams pillows. Guest room amenities include a 37" Flat Screen TV, Complimentary Wolfgang Puck coffee and tea, Neutrogena bathroom products, and a USA Today delivered every weekday morning. Refrigerators and microwaves are available upon request. Your warm chocolate chip cookie is waiting for you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Grand Junction Hotel Grand Junction
- Doubletree Grand Junction
- Grand Junction Doubletree