“Welcoming Environment”

Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Grand Junction, United States
“Welcoming Environment”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

The Grand Junction, CO Doubletree was a treat. The staff was friendly, rooms clean and spacious. The view over the golf course and through to the mountains was a nice change from flat, dry West Texas.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Thank you for your comments. Glad you enjoyed the view and the friendly staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night and booked the deluxe suite. I shall mention we are not hilton honors members, nor was I ever explained what one was or what it entailed.. That being said, I booked the hotel on the doubletree website, and on the website it states for the deluxe suite, breakfast is included (I will include pictures). I booked the room because it was a good price and I liked the idea of getting breakfast as well.. Soo we got there Sunday at 4pm.. Check in is at 3 and our room was not ready. The front desk lady said it would be 1/2 hour and offered to hold our luggage and gave us brochures and apologized. It was annoying and not ideal that we would have to wait, but oh well.. So 1/2 hr later I came back to check in and a new younger guy helped me. He told me the room was not ready, and I told him the last person said it would be by now. So he checked with housekeeping and it was ready. I proceeded to check in and asked him about the breakfast. He said it is not included. I told him it was on the website. He said he wasn't aware of that and it was only for hilton honors members. I pulled up the website and showed him. IT SAID IT RIGHT THERE PLAIN AS DAY. he then said he didn't know why it was on the website. .. Let's pause right here.. After booking the best room possible, having check in an hour and a half after the regular time, and showing him the evidence of the free breakfast on the website he was he was ready to just check me in and not honor the breakfast. I HAD TO ASK. I said "well is there anything we can do about that?" And he then reluctantly gave me a breakfast coupon...
I find that to be horrible customer service. If you are booking the best room, have check in troubles, and provide evidence of something you were promised, I would expect them to give me the free breakfast without hesitation and without me having to ask for it.

Honestly, besides that the hotel was great. But that experience really ruined it for me. Maybe if I was a hilton honors member, I would have been treated better. But that is not how it should be. I'm pretty easy to please, and I don't often leave negative reviews, but I was really put off by that situation.

• Stayed June 2014
PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for your comments. Yes we do have room packages that include breakfast including levels of HHonors. It is not based upon the type room you book but the package. I will follow up with my team on explaining better
sun city west, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2014

They treated us like we were the only people at the hotel. We were just talking about going down and buying a water and there was a knock on the door and it was a person asking us if we would like a water. How awesome was that?

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you! Wowing the guest is what it is all about
Delta, Colorado
Reviewed June 25, 2014

This hotel is located right off of the interstate and is very easy to find. In spite of being adjacent to I-70 it is very quiet. The staff was very accommodating, the rooms were clean, lovely view of the monument and the golf course!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you very much! Glad you enjoyed everything
Del Rio, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2014

At $120.00 plus per night, not only should you get a hot meal in the a.m., but you should also have a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Both queen beds felt like stone. There is nothing like an Embassy Suites, but unfortunately there were none on our entire route through Colorado.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. Yes, our amenities are a little different than Embassy Suites. We do not offer a complimentary breakfast in the morning or have refrigerators/microwaves in all the rooms. They can be requested in advance. Hope to see you back!
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I was in the hotel business for 20 years and have travel extensively and stayed at many hotels in the United States and abroad. I am very satisfied and impressed with this hotel. It's very clean and all the staff are very professional and friendly. The room is quiet and comfortable, it's everything I expected.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your comments. Hope to see you back soon
Kansas City
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

The staff was great, room was very comfortable, and exceptionally clean. It was a nice touch that the air was on when I entered my room. I was happy to see nice teas to choose from and decent sized coffee cups. The coffee wasn't bad either. I would stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for staying with us!