“Fine place for a quick stop”

DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We needed a place to stay in Grand Junction as we had an early morning flight the next day. The Doubletree worked out just fine. We got warm cookies upon our arrival. The room was up to the standards expected of a Doubletree. The hotel had lots of amenities that we did nothave a chance to use.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the side of the hotel that faces away from the interstate highway for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you very much for your comments. I am glad our location worked out for you. Hope to see you back soon for a longer stay

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I really do like the accomodations at this particular hotel. The staff has usually been very nice and we also love the pool (hot tub could use an update), but overall some great amenities. We have stayed here probably 8-10 times. However, the last two times we have stayed here, they have held out money on our credit card for more than a week. The last visit, I held the room with one credit card on 9/14, and they held $395 for a $331 two night stay. When I checked out, I paid with a different credit card. So now, they have charged one of my cards for $331 (immediately the funds were charged) and Doubletree is still holding my $395 on my other credit card - it's been four days now. I called the hotel bookkeeping and explained that I am leaving for another trip tomorrow, and not having my $400 back on my credit card puts me in a difficult position - I was told that it could take 6 days to release a hold - really? The gentleman that I spoke to didn't really seem to care about my issue - didn't even ask my name - so I know he didn't check anything out for me. That's my money, and I don't appreciate the Hilton Doubletree holding it - this has never been a problem in the past ONLY on my last two trips here, so I know that they have changed something with their bookkeeping procedures. The previous times, my funds were back on my credit card by Monday! I also think that guests should be made aware if the front desk is going to hold out more money than the actual room charges/costs. I never charge anything to my room, and would appreciate only being charged for the exact room costs, unless I choose to add extra. Doubletree - please give me MY money back on my credit card - I need it for my next trip tomorrow - THANK YOU.

Room Tip: I always prefer higher floor away from the elevator!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thank you for your comments and your recent stay with us. We do not do anything out of the ordinary that any other hotel would do in regards to handling credit upon check in. As part of checking in to the hotel we authorize the credit card for the stay plus any incidental charges. The length of the "hold" is established by the bank that handles your credit card. All banks hold the amount for different periods of time. If I can do anything to assist please let me know

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Admittedly we only arrived at almost 8PM, went out for dinner, watched the news, slept, had breakfast, and left, but we found the hotel quite nice. Had been a little concerned since there had been some negative reviews - mainly the shopworn condition of the place - but it appears that many renovations have been completed in the last few months. We were upgraded to a junior suite, which was spacious and furnishings/linens appeared new. Hallways and lobby area, restaurant all appeared recently remodeled. The entire hotel seemed clean, the showers drained properly, we didn't hear any noise in our room or elsewhere, and various other complaints some previous reviewers of some months ago were not in evidence. We were quite pleased with our stay. (Would certainly like to see the Hampton Inn in Grand Junction which was charging $40 more than the DoubleTree. Should have driven by for a look. Maybe starting with a gold-plated front door? Then what else to make it worth $170 a night?)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for your recent comments on your last stay here in Grand Junction. Yes! We have recently gone through a renovation and we like the new fresh look. Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Issues w/ condition of room, linens, wi-fi, TV channels, fire alarm. Comforter was not clean, evidence of food and body fluids on it; part of a cookie was left in the climate control opening; food crumbs on floor; bathroom floor had dribbles around toilet; surprised to find that wi-fi was not complimentary; limited TV channels; bed not very comfortable--mattress prob needs to be replaced (dips and valleys); fire alarm in the night--false alarm--staff comment was "at least it works." For the rate and reputation of a Hilton property, this stay was sadly disappointing. Won't be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We are sorry you encountered housekeeping problems. Dirty rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We have discussed this with our staff and will make every effort to be sure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. Please give us a second chance if you visit our area in the future

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed 4 nights and had the full breakfast package. Also did one day with the stay and play package. The first night we ate at the hotel and had the best veal chop that I have had in years. Great start to the vacation. The morning breakfast is a full buffet with smoked salmon and the typical fare. Also could order eggs and omlets included in buffet. Great value and good food. Rooms were standard Doubletree quality.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent visit to our great area! Glad you enjoyed the restaurant for dinner and breakfast. I will pass on your comments to our culinary team!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We received a Diamond Hilton Honors upgrade to a mini-suite and found our room to be exceptional. King-size bed with great linens and pillows; couch and coffee table, refrigerator, decent sized bathroom (tub/shower combo); work desk; flat screen TV (with the all important sleep timer!). The view of the golf course and tennis courts and mountains from our 6th floor room was absolutely beautiful! There is a full-service breakfast offered at the hotel that had a good menu and also a breakfast buffet. Very friendly staff throughout the hotel! We did not have time to try out the swimming pool, but it looked nice. High recommendations on this hotel.

Room Tip: Always ask for an upgrade but this hotel would be a good choice for any room. Rooms on higher floor...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent stay with us! Glad you enjoyed the hotel and your HHonors upgrade
See you back soon!

Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

I will be putting in a request for a toilet repair that is super noisy drip. Will keep all abreast of the outcome....that's my only issue thus far. (side note-who really values a darn cookie?). I do wish there were coffee in lobby. Bit nickel n dining no?

• Stayed: September 2012
PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

We are sorry we did not provide you with the high quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. I apologize for the malfunctioning toilet and the problem has been reported and been taken care off by our maintenance team. Unfortunately these things do happen but I am confident that we have a very responsive team that can handle these situations very quickly. The cookie is part of our Doubletree brand culture and we very proudly hand them out to each and every guest that arrives at our hotel!