“Exceeded Expectations - Highly Recommend”

DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed April 5, 2011

For years, my parents lived in Grand Junction so I never had reason to stay at a hotel there. I was aware of the Doubletree, which used to be part of the Adam's Mark chain when my folks were there. But they are now long gone and on a weekend getaway to the western slope I used Hilton Honors' special "point stretcher" award to get a really good deal on my points.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised, as I wasn't sure what to expect, remembering that as Adam's Mark it was kind of regarded as rundown. Not as a Doubletree. While the overall property looks slightly dated, Doubletree has done a nice refresh of rooms in particular and this hotel continues to be Grand Junction's only real full service hotel.

My biggest happiness was the incredibly comfortable bed (king regular guest room) and the sheets of all things. They obviously use high-thread-count luxury style sheets that you usually don't find at a hotel of this caliber. Great nights of sound sleep. Room was modern, spotlessly clean and was quiet, even on weekend nights.

There's a restaurant, a hopping bar especially on weekend nights with karaoke, outdoor pool (closed for winter), outdoor jacuzzi that was very relaxing, moderate fitness center, and a nice outdoor play area for kids and tennis courts. We faced away from I-70, which afforded a sweeping view of the city, the Colorado National Monument and the large golf course out back.

Internet is free for Gold & Diamond Hilton Honors members, $5 for all others for 24 hours.

There was a large event going on in the banquet rooms on Saturday night, and as noted the karaoke was very popular in the packed bar. But up above it was extremely quiet and restful.

I would definitely recommend Doubletree to future guests who want the full-service hotel experience, a quite night's sleep and hopefully can get a good deal in rates or points.

Room Tip: Request a room facing AWAY from I-70.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2011

Thank you very much for all your comments about our hotel and staff. We did review and discuss your comments in our staff meeting yesterday. It is very much appreciated and next time you visit please let me know so I can introduce myself to you

Have a great Easter weekend!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,167)

Reviewed March 28, 2011

I've stayed at the doubletree many, many times for work over the past couple of years. Overall the people are nice and the rooms great. Location is awesome...right off the highway and easily accessible. Beds are very comfy. Rooms are good...I would really like to see a fridge/microwave combo and bring back the free wifi. Overall good stay.

• Stayed: March 2011
PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2011

Amandi,

Thank you for your response. We do have refrigerators and microwaves available upon request. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed November 17, 2010

We were in Grand Junction only one night, but we know well what a difference a good hotel can make. We drove around looking at a few, seeing how busy they were and reading a few reviews. We decided to check out the Doubletree. What a great place! We had a stunning sunset view over the golf course. Our room was immaculate. Granite in the bathroom and real glasses (no wrapped plastic). No clunky armoire/TV, but an attractive piece of furniture as well as a comfortable desk. Beds were good, lots of pillows. The room was quiet (we were toward the end of the hall away from elevators and icemaker). The staff was very friendly and efficient.

There's a $5 charge for wifi, but my phone provides a mobile wifi hotspot, so I could just use that for my laptop, no prob. The TV was a bit mysterious (no cable or local channels?), but good quality and we watched a great movie ("Get Low"). All in all, just the place we needed in Grand Junction. And I'm a little picky.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2010

I am glad you decided to stay with us at The Doubletree Hotel when you visited Grand Junction. Your nice comments in regards to your stay are very much appreciated. See you next time!

Reviewed October 7, 2010

I would definitely recommend this hotel if travelling to Grand Junction. Upon our arrival, the check in process was incredibly fast and we had warm chocolate chip cookies for the elevator ride up to our room! The rooms were very spacious, had a large flat screen TV, desk with hookup for internet, full bathroom (tub/shower) with ample plush towels.

I was especially satisfied with the beds. I have chronic low back pain and have had multiple shoulder surgeries so I'm NEVER comfortable at hotels. The beds are always the worst part about travelling. They were so comfortable as were the pillows. I slept like a baby and my husband said he slept better in THAT bed than he does on our home mattress! No pain when I woke up!

I will say, the high speed internet was extremely slow. I would also NOT recommend drinking the coffee in the rooms. I would like licking the parking lot much better. In room coffee was horrible! Hotel restaurant coffee was much better though!

Overall we were very satisfied with our stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay at another Double Tree in the future!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2010

Thank you very much for your nice comments about your recent stay at the Doubletree Hotel in Grand Junction. You can actually purchase everything that we have in our rooms. Just go to Doubletree@home.com

Thank you very much!

Reviewed September 26, 2010

Stayed here for one night on my way back East from vacationing in Moab. Hotel is 3 minutes from the airport and close to quick eating or going downtown. They have a nice pool - a good/new gym and the lobby was spacious and nice. I asked for a quiet room, b ut they gave me a room that connected to the adjacent room, and I could pretty much here every word from my neighbors conversations - including coughing late into the night. Thats just the way it goes sometimes. Nextt time i'll insist on a room that doesnt connect. Other than that - parking is easy, nice atmosphere, and good location.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2010

Thank you very much for your comments in regards to your recent stay here at The Doubletree Hotel. Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed September 8, 2010

I spent one night there while my sons were playing a travel football game there (they had to ride the bus and go home after the game). We went to the pool and waited for the game while swimming and ordering drinks from the bar at the phone at the pool. Just like a resort!! The view on the 8th floor facing Colorado National Monument was unbelievable. The beds were extemely comfortable and the staff was terrific. If you have to stay in Grand Junction, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2010

Thank you very much for your nice comments! Just so happens that our Food and Beverage Director is also British. He is from Birmingham a few years back. Again, I appreciate your positive feedback and I will share this with the rest of my team!

Reviewed September 7, 2010

I have not a single negative thing to say about this hotel.
The staff were friendly, efficient and very helpful. Check in was quick and the warm cookies were a treat.
The room was spotless and comfortable. The breakfast was the best I had on the whole trip and we stayed in 7 different hotels. It is the only place that actually did sausages that a Brit could be proud of. The selection was ample from fresh fruit to a cooked breakfast.
The hotel had a free shuttle service to the airport and town and it was always available immediately.
The hotel did have a swimming pool and beautiful grounds, we just didnt have time to use them.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your feedback! I will certainly share this with the rest of my team. Hope to see you back soon!