“Most friendly people I have ever met!”

Quality Inn Grand Junction
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had an excellent stay at this hotel. The staff was the most friendly I have ever had the pleasure of doing business with. We stayed for a week with two young kids and I know that they can really be a handful! We used the lobby table often and felt very at home there. We loved the hot breakfast, but agreed that it was hotter the earlier we arrived....that is very understandable of course. My only complaint (minimum) was that the room often felt humid and I wondered if it was cooled with a swamp cooler or if it was just a humid time of year overall (late July). Our room carpet felt sticky and made or toddlers bare feet somewhat dirty. We stayed in a pet friendly room as that was what was left since we booked fairly close to our time of stay (maybe only 3 days in advance) and we thought maybe the feel of the carpet was due to the type of cleaning required in a pet friendly room. Our room service host was named Jill, and she was so terrific any time we needed something. She even mentioned how cute and well behaved our kids were.....she is obviously a very patient woman!
At any rate, I will stay here the next time I am in town. The pool was also nice...immaculate and in great shape.

Thanks so much!

Room Tip: We were on 1st floor and had kids stay above us. We are kid people and didn't mind hearing them...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Rick M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you so much for the nice review. We do shampoo the carpets quite often. The pet rooms get done about once a week. I am wondering if maybe housekeeping didn't rinse the shampoo out good enough. I let let them know to be sure to keep rinsing until the water is not sudsy.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times. We have tried other hotels in the Grand Junction area, but always come back to this one - now I don't think of going anywhere else.

The hotel staff is always kind and helpful. I have never had a problem with the rooms, they are always clean and well maintained. In face, I got ill on my trip here this week and spent pretty much my entire day in the room - the recliner in the king room was a godsend, as laying in bed all day would have been horrible. I loved that the recliner was there. I was able to put my feet up, aim the television my direction and watched television in my misery.

Breakfast is always wonderful there - it's a buffet with freshly made eggs, hash browns, biscuits, gravy, sausage, bacon, pancakes, waffles, cereals, toast and much, much more. It's always hot and tasty.

The pool was clean - and after a couple of experiences this year with cloudy and undesireable looking pools - it was very nice to go to a pool that was clean!!!

I can't think of one complaint that I could ever have about this hotel. If i make it back there again, I know where I'm staying.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Rick M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review. I hope you get better quick. That is a tough way to spend the summer. I really appreciate your loyalty to the hotel. The staff appreciates it as well. They all work very hard. I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer. Please come back and see us again.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. We had a flat tire on the way and the front desk person (who greeted us with a cold water by the way, nice!) recommended several tire places in the area, and even took the extra time to show me on the map where they were. The breakfast buffet included in the price of our room was good, above and beyond what a typical hotel breakfast normally is. If you have a large vehicle the parking can be a bit of a challenge (around the back and down a hill) just a heads up. Also the luggage carts could be a teensy bit bigger. Overall it was a very nice quiet hotel with a better than average breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Rick M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for the nice review Stacy. I hope things got better with your trip after getting your tire fixed. I have tried to teach my staff to treat people the way they would want to be treated when on vacation.

Please come stay with us again.

Have a great summer!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed in this hotel because we wanted to visit the Colorado Monument. The things I liked about the hotel was that it was clean and well kept. The hotel staff was pleasant when we check in. The room was large and the bed was comfortable. The pool was also nice. We used it twice.

On the flip side, there were two things I did not like. The first was that there was no safe in our room. The second, was that we went down to eat the buffet the night we arrived and it looked awful! The next morning, the couple we were traveling with texted us to say, they had seen the breakfast buffet and they found it unappetizing.

Overall, I had an enjoyable stay

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Rick M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

I appreciate the fact that you stated that the room was clean and the place was nice. We do not have safes. This is true. I have had very few requests for them. I have however spoken with many hotel managers that do have safes. They say that one of the most common complaints they get is that the guests dont want to pay for a safe they didnt use. When a hotel puts a safe in a room it is normal to automatically charge for that amenity whether it is used or not. That is because the safes are normally rented to the hotel by a third party. I am simply trying to keep costs down for my guests. I dont like to charge people for things they dont use.

I find it interesting that you would leave a review about a restaurant you did not eat in. I have one of the highest satifaction ratings for breakfast in the entire Quality Inn chain.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We originally stayed at a place down the road. When we called a week later, passing back through town, they gave us a hard time about the rates. So I called around and decided on Quality Inn, and I am happy we did! We found the front desk clerk (Priscilla I think?) to be courteous in checking us in. We found our room to be very clean. Breakfast, which is included, is "upscale," in my opinion, when compared to other hotels that offer "continental" breakfast. Breakfast is served in a restaurant, and consists of a buffet of pancakes, Belgian waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, cereal, juice and coffee. We weren't there for lunch or dinner, but I understand you can include those meals with your rate, or buy separately. The hotel keeps coffee and tea available near the front desk all day for guests. There is a pool (we didn't use it). There is a great park for children about a mile or so down the road. I highly recommend it if you have children that you need to wear down before bed time! There are water fountains for children to play in downtown as well. Our son loved it! The area was quiet and we slept well. No complaints at all about this property. We accidentally left our young son's blanket, and they mailed it to us right away. We would stay here again if we pass through Grand Junction again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Rick M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! People like you make this a great business to be in. I will pass on the nice words to Priscilla as well. I definitaly understand the park. My kids are all big now. But I sure do remember siting at a picnic table and watching them run, and run, and run some more. Thank God for parks!!!!

Have a great summer.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I had the pleasure to stay at this hotel on Tuesday, July 9th and will have to say our experience was great! Rooms are spacious, well cleaned, beds are comfy, air conditioning worked very well, the pool is great and it's quiet and comfortable. A fridge and microwave in each of our rooms was perfect. And then there's the breakfast. I've never had such a splendid feast at a Quality Inn. Where else are you going to get freshly scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns, pancakes, waffles, biscuits and gravy? All freshly prepared. And for the price! This is a place I want to use as a base for area exploration. Grand Junction is really a charming small city and the downtown bears exploration. This area is also in Colorado's wine country and has local fresh fruit production. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. TV and Wifi worked great. What more could you want? This is really a top notch place!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for the great review! I know that my rates could be a little higher. But with the economy the way it is a lot of families are still hurting. I am all about trying to give people their money's worth. Maybe even a little extra. Please come back and see us again.

And have a great summer.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We arrived late at night and the front desk staff checked us right in. We arrived at our room and were happy with the 2 queen bed / 1 king bed room that we had reserved. The cost for the room was very reasonable and the free buffet style hot breakfast was very good. Great value, will stay here again for our next trip in that part of the country.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Rick M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for the positive review. We really appreciate it. Please come back and stay with us again.