“Great Value”

Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Santa Barbara, California
“Great Value”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Clean, affordable, and comfortable. We booked one night here on a road trip and were pleasantly surprised with the facility. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this motel....no complaints. Simple and reasonable. Staff were friendly and cheerful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Bremerton, WA
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stopped at this hotel on our multi state road trip. The rooms were standard, nothing great. They could have really benefited from some new furnishings but not a deal breaker. The lobby was clean and bright and the staff was helpful. The breakfast was pretty good, they had a fairly wide variety of food to choose from. The location was convenient to the hwy and near a variety of restraunts and stores. Overall I would consider staying there again when in the area but I would shop around first for a nicer place in the same price range.

Room Tip: No elevators, so if you have a lot of luggage get something on the first floor.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lindsyrox
Sharonwoelfle, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Grand Junction, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the hotel. Last winter we remodeled the lobby and breakfast room so I am glad that you had positive comments about them. This winter we will focus on updating more of our guest rooms. We have been excited about the changes we have made at the hotel and will continue to make improvements for our guests. I don't see an elevator installation happening but guests can request downstairs rooms when making a reservation or at check in. Thank you and happy traveling. Sharon
Ohio
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We draggled in after 8+ hours on the road, and were greeted by a smiling, welcoming, kind desk clerk named Nina. What a welcome sight! We felt as if they were expecting us; looking forward to our arrival, even.

Room was very clean. Our air conditioning unit was DOA, and we were immediately and cheerfully moved to the room next door. All was well.

Fridge, microwave, TV (not flat screen, FYI) all worked well, as did the plumbing and fixtures. No complaints here!

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Jaxrabbit
Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay. I am so glad you had a good experience with Nina even though the A/C was bad. I think she is great! I ordered some new A/C units and managed to place my order during the crazy summer heat wave hitting the south.Replacements will arrive and everything should be working fine. I do strive to provide a nice room at a good price and luckily I have a great staff working with me. Thanks again, Sharon
Missouri
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Location is near airport north of I-70 (fine). Chain restaurants nearby. We checked in, drove to our assigned room. The two rooms next door were occupied by bikers who had pulled hotel chairs outside of room and were having their own little happy hour. This is wonderful, but with 2 very small children we thought this was not ideal. The front desk was very accommodating; they moved us to the polar opposite end of the hotel. The night ended up being very quiet. Thanks to the kind staff members for doing this for us. Wireless worked fine and was free (thanks). Television selection was exceptional for a hotel. Breakfast room was crowded. There was a gentleman holding a trash bag under the ice machine while his wife kept her hand on the button. The bikers and the ice hogs are not the hotel's fault, of course, and service was very good. Well worth the price we paid.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jpap10
Blossom, Texas
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Stayed on business when in the area for two nights. Very convenient to airport and easy walking to a couple of very good resaturants. Check in was efficient, staff pleasant. Like the updates the property has made, especially the breakfast area and was told by staff more improvements to come. Breakfast was perfect to get the day started and nice the coffee is on all day as you come and go. Room was clean and quiet. Would like to see a better quality shampoo and maybe conditioner too. Would like to visit for pleasure with my mt. bike and use the new washing station!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank cowgirl63
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed June 25, 2011

When I travel on my own dime, I look for bargains. This is an older property and the decor is dated, but my room was clean and the breakfast included yogurt and fruit. I didn't hear my neighbors and there is a nice laundry room ($1 per load). Here are the cons: the lock on my initial room refused to open (the desk clerk forgot to mention that the handle direction is opposite the usual but even that didn't work) so I was given another room. In that room the AC didn't work very well and the WIFI not at all.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank DaylilyFan
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel. I expect to have our WIFI hardware updated and have excellent coverage within the next few weeks. I understand the importance of a good WIFI signal for our customers who want to use it. Again thank you for your comments, Sharon
Oregon
Reviewed May 8, 2011

This is a good, clean, decent motel. The room was spacious. There are 2 downsides though: the WiFi connection isn't good, and the bed was too soft for me. Will I return? Yes if I'm on vacation and doesn't need a good Internet connection. No if I need to get online.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo