Americas Best Value Inn- Grand Junction
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Location is near airport north of I-70 (fine). Chain restaurants nearby. We checked in, drove to our assigned room. The two rooms next door were occupied by bikers who had pulled hotel chairs outside of room and were having their own little happy hour. This is wonderful, but with 2 very small children we thought this was not ideal. The front desk was very accommodating; they moved us to the polar opposite end of the hotel. The night ended up being very quiet. Thanks to the kind staff members for doing this for us. Wireless worked fine and was free (thanks). Television selection was exceptional for a hotel. Breakfast room was crowded. There was a gentleman holding a trash bag under the ice machine while his wife kept her hand on the button. The bikers and the ice hogs are not the hotel's fault, of course, and service was very good. Well worth the price we paid.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jpap10
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn- Grand Junction

Reviewed July 15, 2011

Stayed on business when in the area for two nights. Very convenient to airport and easy walking to a couple of very good resaturants. Check in was efficient, staff pleasant. Like the updates the property has made, especially the breakfast area and was told by staff more improvements to come. Breakfast was perfect to get the day started and nice the coffee is on all day as you come and go. Room was clean and quiet. Would like to see a better quality shampoo and maybe conditioner too. Would like to visit for pleasure with my mt. bike and use the new washing station!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank cowgirl63
Reviewed June 25, 2011

When I travel on my own dime, I look for bargains. This is an older property and the decor is dated, but my room was clean and the breakfast included yogurt and fruit. I didn't hear my neighbors and there is a nice laundry room ($1 per load). Here are the cons: the lock on my initial room refused to open (the desk clerk forgot to mention that the handle direction is opposite the usual but even that didn't work) so I was given another room. In that room the AC didn't work very well and the WIFI not at all.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank DaylilyFan
Sharonwoelfle, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel. I expect to have our WIFI hardware updated and have excellent coverage within the next few weeks. I understand the importance of a good WIFI signal for our customers who want to use it. Again thank you for your comments, Sharon

Reviewed May 8, 2011

This is a good, clean, decent motel. The room was spacious. There are 2 downsides though: the WiFi connection isn't good, and the bed was too soft for me. Will I return? Yes if I'm on vacation and doesn't need a good Internet connection. No if I need to get online.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Once again I visited AMB on Horizon Drive. There has been lots of updating going on since my last visit. Fresh paint and new furniture in lobby and breakfast area looked great. The computer and printer station was also installed now. Two waffle irons are a delicious addition to the breakfast choices. Again i won't hesitate to visit again when going through Grand Junction.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank ReeSue
Reviewed January 14, 2011

Have to stay in Grand Junction alot. Lots of similar hotels but haven't been very happy with any of them. Noticed the Americas Best Value Inn coming from the airport and thought I'd try it. Was pleasantly suprised at the hotel's features that I needed. Free good internet service. Good heat in the room. Breakfast was a cut above usual continental breakfast and staff very friendly. All that I needed and did not have to pay for "extras" I don't use. Would recomend for business.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Sharonwoelfle, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2011

I am glad you gave Americas Best Value Inn a try and enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate getting some input from a business traveler. As we finish up our lobby remodel we will be installing a computer and printer for guests to use. The next project at the hotel is the addition of a small meeting room that may also be beneficial to business travelers. Thank you for staying with us. Sharon

Reviewed December 30, 2010

We stayed on night at this hotel this week. We had a rate of 52.99. We checked in a a dog and were pleasantly surprised they do not charge extra for a pets for one night stays. Obviously for the price we were not expecting the hilton, but we had a clean room that was comfortable. Our bed and pillows were comfy and the hotel was quiet. I would skip the free breakfast unless you like pre-packaged good. They did have oatmeal and coffee, which was fine for us. I would stay there again when passing through grand junction. It is right off of i-70.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Sharonwoelfle, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2011

Thank you for giving the hotel a review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. The good news is that now that we have moved our breakfast from our main lobby area we will have hot waffles. I am expecting the waffle makers to arrive around January 15th so next time you visit you can enjoy a hot waffle for breakfast. Happy new year, Sharon