“Good light food dishes and art in a historic building”

Main Street Bagels Artisian Bakery & Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: A breakfast, lunch and dessert restaurant with all natural artisan bakery products, coffee, great espresso drinks, soups, salads, sandwiches, Panini, and fresh squeezed juices & smoothies. Free wi-fi and conference rooms. Lovely fountain patio exterior seating. Located in beautiful downtown GJ at 6th & Main.
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I shared a salad that was very good, and I had a smoothie that was too. I agree with other reviewers that have found the place to be popular because of a variety of tasty bakery items and various salads and sandwiches.

My main additional comment is that the atmosphere is very interesting. The restaurant is in an old brick bank building that has been nicely rehabbed. There are a lot of historic photos on the walls, and one large dining room serves as a gallery of professional color photographs, mostly of nature in Colorado and Utah. Several people were comfortably seated there using their laptops. It is very casual and pleasant. (Customers provide their own table service and sit where they choose, including an outdoor patio on the downtown mall.)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

It doesn't seem to matter if it's the lunch rush or mid-day, this place is always popular. Great place to have a work meeting over coffee and a pastry! Try their Cuban Cremosa coffee...it's amazing! For lunch, my favorite is the Rabbit Valley Veggie...and I'm not even a vegetarian, it is that good. There is always good people watching too, as it appeals to a wide variety of downtowners!

2  Thank Miranda M
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Fresh bread and variety of muffins. A great place for breakfast, lunch or just to sit around with a cup of coffee and read for a few hours. They offer gluten free muffins, I had the carrot and it was delicious

Reviewed February 5, 2013

You can smell the bagel goodness blocks away! We grab our after church brunch here when ever possible. My boys just love the sticky buns!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I know the name is "Main Street Bagels", but they have a lot more than bagels. They have great sticky buns, Danishes and sandwiches. As we pass through Grand Junction we often stop here before we hit the road and get sandwiches for the road and maybe a bagel or two to nosh on. No it isn't as good as a NYC bagel, but who really expects it to be and Grand Junction is a far nicer place than the BA.

Also like the French baguette too, we cut it up that night to have with cheese, wine and charcuterie when we stop for the night.

1  Thank scottca075