“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 626 on Rood

626 on Rood
Reserve with OpenTable
626 on Rood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Seventh St.
California
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I do not eat out very often and have never experienced a restaurant where the staff was so enthusiastic and well-versed in what they are serving. They knew every small detail. Our party of 3 enjoyed some very creative (if expensive) food and wine. I'm very happy to note that the menu stated "please refrain from cell phone use" which I think should be mandatory in all restaurants!

Visited August 2013

• Greek first
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Great attention to detail!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I had a wonderful heirloom tomato and mozzarella salad where the tomatoes were so fresh (from their garden). Then salmon flown in from Hawaii that was sushi grade and perfectly prepared. The service was excellent if a bit serious. I loved the wine flight selection too; it featured wines from all regions to include local wines. Dinner was finished with three perfect dark chocolate truffles and very good coffee. Great attention to detail and locally grown vegetables and seasoning.

Visited August 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I travel to Grand Junction about once a year, and until finding this restaurant had decided to write the whole city off as a great foodie wasteland. Thank you 626 on Rood for helping me to now look forward to my trips west! After an abysmal meal elsewhere the night before, my party and I decided to splurge on a nice lunch. We decided on 626 because they took reservations, had MANY positive reviews, and their online menu kinda made our mouths water.

When we arrived, a charming and vivacious waitress showed us to our table, and told us of some interesting specials based on locally grown produce. Very exciting, and this excitement did not wane with the arrival of our choices. We ordered a variety of dishes to share around, each one better than the last. The first round included an interesting take on gazpacho featuring Palisade peaches. It sounds strange, but had amazing flavor. Also arriving with the gazpacho were three crab and shrimp tacos. After eating these, I hesitate to fill a tortilla with anything else. They were outstanding, perfectly cooked seafood stuffed into homemade blue corn tortillas and spiced with a rich chipotle salsa. Sometimes just respecting the ingredients and treating them simply can create a sublime dish, such was the case with the heirloom tomato salad. It was just tomatoes, lightly garnished with basil, homemade mozzarella and a hint of Fleur de sel, each of which was specifically added to enhance the vine-ripened perfection on the plate.

We wondered if there was any way to top this first course when our entrees arrived, a salmon Reuben and a smoked duck club sandwich. While the Reuben, well-prepared salmon lovingly served on locally baked rye, was an excellent dish, the smoked duck club was a sonnet. Who knew that smoked duck breast, lightly dressed cabbage and Brie could come together to create the most delicious sandwich I have ever tasted. It was so good, that even though we were getting quite full, we pulled the duck out of the bread and were squabbling over the most fair way of dividing it among the three of us. Way to go 626 on Rood. We not only promise to return, but are already planning another trip.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Rebecca C
Phoenix, Arizona
“Exceptional Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband and I ate at Bin 707 Foodbar the night before we tried 626 on Rood. We didn't think 626 on Rood could surpass the previous night's dinner but it was close. I had the buffalo filet prepared with a dry coffee & spice rub, served with a red wine reduction sauce. It was hands down the best piece of red meat I have ever eaten. A delectable potato croquette and Swiss Chard with lemon rounded out my meal. My husband had lamb chops from Meeker, Colorado, served with mint pesto. We were too full for dessert, but we did enjoy a wonderful Cabernet Sauvignon with our meal. The wait staff was professional...attentive but not overbearing. Our server (I am sorry I can't remember her name) was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and answered our questions thoroughly. It is obvious that a lot of care and detail goes into this fresh, local food.

• Visited June 2013
Lovelady, Texas
“Absolutely perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I chose this restaurant to go to for our anniversary and it was the perfect choice! From the moment we walked in the door to the moment we left, everything was wonderful! The ONLY thing that I had an issue with was that their website said "smart casual" and I saw people come in wearing shorts, flip flops and t-shirts. I feel like they should stand by their dress code as it is much classier than that. Anyway, with that said, our two servers were fantastic! They never needed to write anything down and we felt like we were the only ones being waited on they were so great! They have an extensive drink menu and even a wine tasting which was really great! We both had salads in which they were happy to change the blue cheese crumbles to feta, even though there was no feta even on the menu. I had the lobster which came with chard and quinoa, all of which was delicious. My husband had a steak which came with fried mac & cheese (odd, but not bad) and chard, all of which he really enjoyed also. We ended by ordering a dessert and we ended up with two because the owners gifted us with one to celebrate our anniversary! It was rather expensive, but a wonderful place to go for a special occasion. I really don't think you'll be disappointed, so give it a try! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as we did! :)

• Visited August 2013