“Great Job”

Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Jackson, Wyoming
“Great Job”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2011

This was recommended and did not disappoint. The desk staff was helpful and well trained. The room was well kept and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank sourboy97

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2011

We only stayed for one night while on return home from a trip to Disneyland. It was pretty quite as it was Christmas Eve when we stayed. The room was very clean and comfortable although we expected there to be a small refrigerator and there wasn't one. I understand they usually charge for breakfast here but we didn't get to experience it at all. They had given their staff the evening and Christmas Day off and in the morning they had some basic Danishes, etc. available for free.

I honestly have no complaints about our stay and would stay again should we be passing through. The location was about 1/4 mile off of the highway but there were no noise problems or anything like that.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2010

My job requires a lot of hotel stays and a ton of them are to Grand Junction. Every time I stay here they out do their service from the time before. They go out of their way to be accommodating, they know me by name and they make me feel at home. I have wanted to write a review but haven't because I'm always too busy. However, with this last trip I feel they must be thanked. I showed up late and needed to change my reservation, which they did and it was no problem. It was also my 30th birthday. Upon returning from work the front desk wished me a happy birthday and put flowers and a balloon in my room. This gesture made spending my birthday alone much more tolerable. This is the only hotel I'll ever stay in when I'm in Grand Junction. Aside from the incredible staff, the hotel is clean, quiet, easy to find and everything I expect from a Marriott.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Littleton, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for business and found it to be a good value. I'm not an elite member of Marriott, so I'm pretty sure I got a standard room (read-no upgrade.) My room was clean, comfortable, a nice size and didn't have that funky "hotel room" smell. There wasn't a lot of oitside noise, so I was able to sleep without difficulty. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning worked. The best part was the free internet connection. Why don't more hotels do this?

The staff is probably the most friendly that I've met in a long time. Couldn't be more helpful. On a scale of one to ten, this hotel ranks a nine for the perfect business hotel. In other words: It's not a hassle to stay there.

We booked one of the hotel's conference rooms for a meeting and got exactly what we paid for. Nothing more, nothing less. So I'm not complaining. I think they did a good job and I would do business with them again.

My one negative comment: I don't recommend the breakfast. The hotel charges $9.95 and it's overpriced for what you get. It's really bad. Dry scrambled eggs. Old fruit. Raw bacon. No server. Go down the street to Denny's or Village Inn.

And, as a note to the hotel: You may want to rethink the breakfast thing. Either give your customer a breakfast worth $9.95 or don't charge. I can see how this would be a deal-breaker for some travelers.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Windsor, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2010

This was our second stay at this Courtyard this year. Our rooms were extremely clean, quiet and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was very good and you could order breakfast from the menu if you did not want the buffet. The staff was attentive, efficient and polite. The air conditioners in the rooms are a bit loud and have a 2 to 3 degree temperature variance. For example, if you set the thermostat at 71, the unit will allow the room to get to 73 before coming back on.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2010

We stayed here for just a night and booked through priceline. We received a room on the first floor and liked it at first. The room was spacious and clean, the bathroom nice and big. The layout is wired, we had to watch TV on the couch, the desk is in a angle you can hardly see from the bed (and no way to change that). But well, otherweise we found it was pretty good and updated.

We had the nasty surprise at 4am in the morning, our bed was right up against the bathroom wall and we could hear the water from the shower above us loud and clear rumbling through the pipes. The person above us showered for a good 15min and we were both awake the whole time. It finally stopped and we got back to sleep until the point were another person (whatever floor) above us started showering at 5.30 in the morning. I usually have light sleep, but since my husband was very annoyed too, I think this is worth mentioning. We stayed at lower floors before, but there is something wrong. We first thought we have a water problem in our own bathroom and my husband jumped up and had a look and therefore it is not just light noise.

We are on a round trip through the area and this was the worst night we had in a long time. We can just recommend this hotel if you get the top floor.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Visalia, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2010

Good jumping off place for National parks in the area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends