“Comfortable room and amenable staff”

Courtyard Grand Junction
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed July 31, 2009

We stayed at this hotel to round off our time in Colorado. After a long day of travelling, we were greeted by very welcoming staff and check in was efficient. Our room was nicely presented, the beds were very comfortable indeed. Generally, there was a decent standard of finish about the place. If in Grand Junction again, I'd stay here without a doubt.
We left after one night feeling that we'd made a good choice in the Courtyard. Thanks for a pleasant stay. :-)

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
DanGomez, General Manager at Courtyard Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2009

Dear TheEarl46,

Thank you staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott - Grand Junction. We certainly are pleased that we exceeded your expectations. We are known for exceptional guest services and guests are always telling us; and i certainly appreciate the follow up. We feel that we are the friendliest hotel in Grand Junction. As a matter of fact, our hotel falls within the top 5% in all Courtyard by Marriott hotels in the world.

Thanks again and we look forward to your future visit.

All the best.

Reviewed July 5, 2009

Did not measure upto a Marriott. Although the staff is very efficient and courtieous, the room was nothing great. Infact the layout of the room was very odd as someone else has mentioned here earlier. A hotel of this standard should have real water glasses but instead had plastic cups in the room.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2009

I recently stayed here for 6 nights on a business trip. This place is great. The rooms are very clean and nicely appointed. The beds are very comfortable. Probably the best part of the stay was how friendly the staff is. Everyone had a smile on their face the entire time and was more than accomodating in every aspect. The drinks in the bar are a little pricey though and they charge you $9.95 for breakfast...fyi

I stay in hotels probably 150 nights a year on business and this might have been the most friendly hotel I have been in over the past year.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2009

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was spotless and a great value. We were flying out the next day and were able to stay in the room until noon. We were only a few blocks from the airport and it was great.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fireman501
Reviewed May 24, 2009

This was our last night on our trip, and found this to be one of our better hotel choices. The hotel was convenient - close to the airport and to restaurants; the room was clean and very well-equipped; but the biggest plus was the staff. From the minute we checked in, they were courteous, professional and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kokotraveler
Reviewed May 5, 2009

I have stayed at Courtyard hotels in the past, and I can't say that this one measures up to what I have come to expect from the Courtyard brand. The hotel is close to the airport, and clearly caters to business travelers. It is very large and the elevators are toward one end of the hall, so if your room is at the far end, as mine was, it is quite a walk. Check-in was uneventful and I was given my room keys quickly. When I asked about local restaurants, the woman at the desk didn't have any recommendations. The room itself is awkward, with the bed facing the window against a back wall. There was no convenient place to put the luggage rack that wouldn't be blocking a walkway. The room, although not small, felt rather cramped due to the awkward layout. The bathroom lighting was very poor and I had to search to find a very small hair dryer in the closet. It wasn't until I went to bed that I discovered a couple of hairs in the bed. Had it not been so late, I would have immediately requested a change of sheets. The next morning, I discovered a used washcloth in the bathtub. When I mentioned this at check-out, the gentleman at the front desk didn't seem particularly concerned. It surprised me that a hotel of this caliber would not go out of it's way to apologize for this. Although these two incidents may be uncommon, it makes me question the cleanliness of the hotel. If I visit this area again, I will certainly look for an alternative hotel at which to stay. There are too many options in the Grand Junction area to settle for a hotel that doesn't go out of its way for its guests.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 16, 2008

Stayed here for leisure on our way from SLC to Denver. I was quite impressed by the quality of this Courtyard. The building in itself is ordinary but the 2 queen room we stayed in would not have been out of place in a Marriott - it was well appointed, comfortable and better than expected. Wouldn't mind staying here again.

Property: 4/5 - Service: 4/5 - Cleanliness: 4/5 - Location: 3/5
Room: 5/5 - Amenities: 4/5 - Views: 3/5
Value: 4/5 (paid 10,000 marriott points)
OVERALL: 4/5

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jpl88