All reviews front desk close to the airport room was clean nice hotel small pool fire pit an early flight would stay here again king suite easy access night's sleep business trip plenty of parking staff was friendly stayed one night convenient location bistro
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This Courtyard is very much a typical Courtyard experience: Nice new building, ample parking, cozy lobby and grill, fast and reliable elevators, clean comfortable rooms. My request for a quiet top floor room was granted with a smile. The staff is courteous and friendly.

The biggest drawback is there is almost no water pressure in the shower! The water sort of spits out limply... When you've been hiking and climbing all day in the desert sun, it's a let-down to come "home" to a flimsy shower. They may think they are saving money by controlling water pressure, but the truth is we both had to shower twice as long as usual to to wash and condition our long hair.

I would stay here again, but I implore management to do something about these showers.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
sharahrussell, General Manager at Courtyard Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Thanks for the review!

So sorry to hear about the water pressure. Not sure why that would be but I passed the information on to my Maintenance staff to check that room. Thank you for letting us know.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stayed here one night on points leading up to Memorial Day weekend on the way to Moab.

I like Marriott because of the consistency and basic quality control, and the Courtyard in GJ provided that. Nothing fancy, outstanding, or noteworthy, but they deliver what I expect.

The hotel is on the east side of GJ, next to a Residence Inn and very close to the airport (they offer shuttle service).

Check-in was efficient, friendly, and uneventful. The new lobby is open and inviting and has a Bistro. I was given a 20% off coupon at check in (alcohol excluded).

I ended up with a room at the end of the building, and it felt slightly larger than a standard room. The room was clean with no odors. The wifi was strong and allowed me to get work done. The bed was comfortable. No issues with climate control. There was a decent selection of DirectTV channels on the tv. I experienced on noise from the hall or adjacent room.

The only downside is that there are not a lot of restaurants in the area. There's a Taco Bell, Wendy, Applebee's, and a Safeway nearby. Do yourself and favor and go west to the next exit or two for better selection.

I ended up staying at the Residence Inn next door on my way back from Moab. I slightly preferred the Courtyard (more comfortable bed).

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you so much for the review!

So glad we met your expectations and that we could offer you the standards you expect from Marriott.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Clean and comfortable rooms, a nice lobby and bistro area. It seems to have been renovated recently as well. You really can't go wrong here.

I will say that the bistro staff were a bit slow and seemingly unable to multi task, but given that they were reading recipes as they were preparing meals I'm guessing they were relatively new. A minor nuisance, really.

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you for staying with us and for your review!

So glad you enjoyed your stay.

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We found this hotel only average at best. Rooms need some overdue work because they are showing wear. Pillows and mattress overdue for new ones. Too much febreeze utilized to mask the room odors towels were old and bathrooms show their age. The primary reason for the poor rating is we had an early flight out of the airport which is why we stayed here right adjacent to airport. Went downstairs to reception area at 5:10am looking for coffee and guess what the coffee is not prepared until after 6:00am and no breakfast items available til after 6:30! The young man behind the desk did take pity on us and went to kitchen and prepared two cups for us. But seriously this is an airport hotel,flights start at 6:10am and there is nothing for the guests of their establishment to grab on way out. Needs addressed in a meeting!

Date of stay: April 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank wildflower514
sharahrussell, General Manager at Courtyard Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us!

We definitely have some room for improvement based on your review and we appreciate the honest feedback. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the hotel and our service. Some of the things we do at our hotel to keep things looking new and well-kept are ordering new inventory of towels and room linens monthly based on what we need most and also getting into every room once each quarter to do a full preventative maintenance check and refresh. I will be sure to let the maintenance staff know that they need to get to the room you stayed in as soon as possible to be sure it is looking it's best.

We have The Bistro onsite for breakfast and we have Starbucks drip coffee available 24 hours a day so next time you are in town even if the Bistro isn't open the front desk can assist you with purchasing coffee, otherwise we have complimentary coffee available in all of the guestrooms.

Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed here after flying in to Grand Junction for a trip to Moab, then again on the last night before flying out on the last day.

Comfortable beds, relatively quiet.

Breakfast not free, but good (Starbucks, oatmeal, etc.).

Staff very friendly and accommodating. Shuttle to airport, though so close you could almost walk.

Wifi slow. That's really my only complaint.

Room tip: We had two top floor rooms away from the elevator and ice machines. Odd numbered rooms faced the back, a bit more scenic than facing the parking lot (we had one of each).
Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank clcjr

Thank you for the great review!

Love to hear the feedback.

Have a great day!