“Nice people”

Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Durango, Colorado
“Nice people”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We found ourselves in Grand Junction due to a medical emergency. We needed to spend at least one night and maybe more with family coming in. We are familiar with Courtyard Hotels so that was where we went. We explained the situation to the front desk personnel and they were super understanding and helpful. They had a room for us and held a room for our incoming family. We couldn't ask for more friendly courteous helpful service. Our room was what we have come to expect from Courtyard, spacious and comfortable. The only down side was the deli, which had basic food selections. It was a little pricey and the service was not very good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
sharahrussell, General Manager at Courtyard Grand Junction, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you so much for the feedback!

Sounds like everything was great aside from the Bistro for your stay which is good and bad. I am glad everything was up to standard aside from the food and beverage outlet but I'm sorry the Bistro wasn't what you were hoping for. I can assure you the food is great, I have tried everything on the menu. We have only been open for about three weeks so we are still very new however we should still be offering great service no matter what. I will pass on your feedback to my staff and use it as a training topic.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon under better circumstances!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Courtyard hotels have truly out done themselves with thier new remodeling of public areas! The ladies at this hotel were exceptionally friendly - a revival of the good old days of quality customer service! Food options are tasty yet limited in-house, and a glass of house wine is extardinarily priced @$9 - and not even local (Grand Junction is home to a dozen or so wineries). I really just popped down for a glass of wine, 2 glasses and 2 appetisers later, with a decent tip was @$45! Ouch!
Rooms were typical and comfortably up dated in trend with the lobby designs - older style rooms would seem expensive to radically update similarly. Bed was okay, however the mattress pad didn't cover the whole mattress, there were no blankets or cold season comforter. Older outside wall style, louder white noise A/C & heating unit, mine managed to maintain temp. accurately but the on-off regulation kept waking me. Towels were limp - they REALLY need some new towels! Bathroom amenities are cheap, no shower cap. I asked front desk for an eye make up remover pad, they couldn't help me.
Glad to see they are keeping small refriderators in the rooms! TV partially blocked from viewing while in bed. The head board was a bit 'yucky'. That said, the room was practical and cozy, and I chose to return for a second night.

Room Tip: The rooms on the odd side look at another hotel - unappealing. Even numbered rooms look towards the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
sharahrussell, General Manager at Courtyard Grand Junction, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for staying with us!!

I appreciate the feedback. I have passed on your comments to the staff, thank you for recognizing them! I think they are wonderful and it is heartwarming when others think so too!

We have had the Bistro open for about three weeks now and are still working through some things however I wanted to let you know that we do have some local wine options they just aren't listed on the menu board as the menu consists only of the base items Courtyard requires as standards which include many high quality wines and food options.

Also on your return visit we have many items available complimentary upon request such as shower caps, mending kits, etc. just inquire at the front desk. We also have extra blankets available too. All of our towels are in the process of being changed out so on your next visit you should find them plush and new so sorry about the limp older towels during your stay.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we sure look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
us
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed there while driving right before Thanksgiving. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The rooms were clean, spacious and quiet. Everything worked, and the beds were comfortable. It was a perfectly fine experience. The only problem was the little grill/bar area shut down earlier than I would have thought. The weather was bad; so we just stayed in a made do with the little groceries/nibbles they had.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Curtis H, General Manager at Courtyard Grand Junction, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on you stay during Thanksgiving time with us. I am glad that the staff was friendly and the room was clean and comfortable.
I look forward to seeing you next time you are in Grand Junction
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Grand Junction was the perfect place for our second stop on the way to visit family in Colorado. Of course being a fan of the Marriott chain, our first choice was to find a Courtyard and lucky for us we found the Courtyard by Marriott Grand Junction. Even with the facility remodel going on, we had a very nice stay and were very pleased to work with Nina and the rest of the Marriott staff. We felt very well treated and I personally like that when I travel to a Marriott location, I can count on familiar surroundings, room configuration, and excellent staff.

Room Tip: Our room was nice, so I suspect that all of them are of equal quality.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Curtis H, General Manager at Courtyard Grand Junction, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you so much for commenting on your recent stay with us. I am so glad that Nina and the staff personalized your service while you were with us. I will pass your kind words on to her.
I look forward to seeing you next time you are in Grand Junction
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We were traveling across country with small children, arrived late evening at this hotel which is located on a long line of hotels off I-70. While the room was big, it was 59 degrees in the room when we entered (it was 8 degrees outside) and the situation did not improve. The sofa bed in the room was not pre-made, which is just a nice thing not to have to make a bed when you are tired and the kids are tired. Lastly, and this is my fault for not reading carefully before booking, but breakfast is not included and costs $10!! Too expensive - other cheaper hotels far outshine in these little details!

Stayed December 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at the Courtyard. I am grateful for your feedback on the temperature of the room. I have spoken with my housekeeping supervisor to ensure that the room temperatures are set to the appropriate levels.
It is true at Courtyard we do not offer a free breakfast. At this time we are renovating our lobby and we will offer a full service Bistro Restaurant starting in mid-February.
I hope to see you back at the Courtyard Marriott next time you are in Grand Junction
Halls Crossing, Utah
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We have stayed multiple times at this property in 2012. We
stayed here a few days ago to be very disappointed by quality of
the beds in our room. The beds were broken down, sagging on
the sides, and pillows were old and flat.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Curtis H, General Manager at Courtyard Grand Junction, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for letting me know, about the bed in your room. Your feedback is valuable in helping us maintain the quality that is expected from our guests.
I want to let you know that we replacing our pillows this year with a larger queen size pillow, as part of a upgraded bedding experience that you may experience at all Courtyards nationwide.
I hope to see you at the Courtyard next time you are in Grand Junction.
Kansas
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I checked into this hotel late last night without a reservation after a long drive from L.A. The night manager was sympathetic to our need for a quiet night's rest and gave us a room at the far end of a deserted hallway. We appreciated walking into a pre-heated room on a cold night! The room was spotlessly clean and the bed very comfortable. Very effective blackout curtains kept the room dark so we were able to catch up on much needed sleep. Breakfast is not included, but is available for a small charge and includes everything you might want. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us. I am so grateful that you found the staff to be friendly and the room spotless. I hope to see you back at the Courtyard Grand Junction next time you are in town.