“great room”

Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
North Pole, Alaska
“great room”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

A new place, the room was very clean and comfortable. I loved the separate bathroom, the soft but firm mattress, and the glass glasses. The pool is tiny but adequate and the spa was barely warm. The lounge said to be open daily was closed on Sunday. It was convenient to a grocery store (pricey) and several restaurants. The desk clerk was friendly and helpful. It was a nice break in a long trip.

Room Tip: Room 203 had strange noises coming from above when they flushed the toilet - sounded like something...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Curtis H, General Manager at Courtyard Grand Junction, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you, for staying with us at the Courtyard Grand Junction. I am glad that you stayed with us and found a great room to stay in, and a place to rest. Thank you, for letting me know about the pool and hot tub temperatures as I have let my maintenance manager know and he has corrected them accordingly.
I look forward to seeing you next time you are here in Grand Junction.
Curtis Hansen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Great location, right off I-70 near airport (but zero airport noise). After being connected to the 800-number for Marriott and being spoken down to like a child I quickly hung up and found a direct number for this location, I'm so glad I did. The young lady who answered the phone was just so kind and sweet with her telephone greeting alone (and I let her know it). We stay at Marriott hotels when they are available during our travels and there are many reasons. The rooms are always clean, staff is always accommodation, and we leave the next day feeling refreshed (instead of being tired from lack of sleep due to uncomfortable conditions). Thank you all once again for a great experience.

• Stayed August 2013
Curtis H, General Manager at Courtyard Grand Junction, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your review from your stay with us here at the Courtyard Marriott Grand Junction. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was able to accommodate your needs and that you were very pleased with your stay.
I look forward to seeing you next time you are in Grand Junction.
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I was only passing thru grand junction on my way to Vegas and it happens to be in the perfect spot for a rest on a long road trip. The hotel was beautiful, affordable, and perfect for an overnight stay downtown.

• Stayed December 2012
Curtis H, General Manager at Courtyard Grand Junction, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you, for letting me know about your wonderful stay with us here at the Courtyard Grand Junction. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the bed to be relaxing after a long day on the road.
I look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Grand Junction.
Denver
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when my family and I stayed 1 night here. The check in was fast and easy. Our room was actually pretty nice, with a comfortable bed and very clean. My kids did use the hot tub and pool areas. The hot tub area had a nice view of the river. The pool is indoor and small, but my daughter had fun in it. If I were to need a one night stay anywhere I will definitely check into another courtyard.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nikkis
Curtis H, General Manager at Courtyard Grand Junction, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you, for your review of the Courtyard Marriott Hotel. I am glad that you found the hotel clean and staff friendly and were able to enjoy our pool and hot tub.
I hope to see you next time you are in Grand Junction.
Carmel, California
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We spent two nights in a King-size bedroom.
I loved the bed and that it faced the window. It was entertaining just to sit and look at the mountains, summer storms and plains to take off.
It is close to the airport, but not noisy at all.
It has a nice large bathroom with good toiletries. Very well maintained and clean.
We had some issues with electrical outlets, 2-3 of them didn't work. (Room 418)

The pool area is also clean. The jacuzzi pump was broken the time we were there, but we could use the next door Residence Inn's facility.
The breakfast was not included in the room price. They charged $7.99 for a hot breakfast. Lately all hotel includes it in the price. Personally, I think if I pay over $100 for a room, breakfast should be included.
Staff was attentive and efficient.

Room Tip: The hotel located farther from the freeway, so it is relatively quiet. I stayed on 4th floor, and wa...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of your stay with us here at the Courtyard Grand Junction. I am glad that you found the hotel to meet your needs, was a good place to stay and close to the Airport.
Thank you for letting me know about the outlets in the room as I have let my maintenance staff know and they have fixed the problem.
It is true that we do charge for breakfast in our full service cafe, as no Courtyard offers a free breakfast. We do have some really good room packages that you can book that have breakfast include. I hope you are able to take advantage of these packages next time you are at a Courtyard.
I hope to see you next time you are in Grand Junction.
Sedona, Arizona, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is your typical Marriott Courtyard. They do have a real breakfast service, so that was a nice bonus. I just spent the night, getting in early evening and leaving mid-morning. There are several nice restaurants within walking distance, so that was another bonus. It is located literally right next to the airport - you could probably walk to the airport entrance in about 10 minutes if you don't have heavy luggage, and they have a free shuttle that will take you there if you do.

My only two gripes are 1) that my room needed a deep cleaning and some touch up paint, and 2) those stupid tiny pillows they have in all of the Marriotts these days. If you're a side sleeper like me, it's difficult to get a good night's rest on those tiny, flat things they provide. Luckily, I had brought my own pillow...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback from you recent stay with us. I am glad that you loved the breakfast and found the hotel close to restaurants and the airport.
Thank you for letting me know about the condition of the room and the pillows. I have let maintenance know about the touch up paint so we can get this corrected.
I wanted to also let you know that Marriott has introduced a new pillow that will be put into place in in all Courtyard Marriott hotels. This is a larger more comfortable queen size pillow, and I know that you will love this new upgraded standard.
I hope to see you again next time you are in Grand Junction.
Wisconsin
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The decor and rooms are very nice. I thought the hotel probably catered to professional clientele than families. For my family the room, pool, and breakfast are important. We had stayed at a few other hotels during our family road trip (Best Western, Comfort Inn, and Country Inn). My kids are 12 & 13 and were disappointed in the small pool size. The hotel does offer a breakfast service at a additional cost of $10/pp. I knew that when I booked the hotel, but think it's important to note all the other hotels we had stayed during our road trip offered a deluxe or continental breakfast at no additional charge. The rooms were clean, nicely decorated, and did have a fridge (can't recall if there was a microwave).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lindae5603
Curtis H, General Manager at Courtyard Grand Junction, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback from your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard Grand Junction. The Courtyard brand does primarily cater to the business professional but here in Grand Junction we have very family friendly amenities, with the guest laundry, access to two pools; one her and one at our sister hotel the Residence Inn, and great kid friendly menu items in our Courtyard Café restaurant.

I hope to see you back at the Courtyard next time you are in Grand Junction.