“Would never stay here again!!”

Courtyard Grand Junction
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Moab, Utah
“Would never stay here again!!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We arrived to find some kind of an event happening in the area and so we got 1 of 2 of the last remaining rooms in town at a very steep inflated price I might add. We had the worst nights sleep I have ever had at a hotel. All night long it sounded like sewer pipes running through our room. Everytime a toilet was flushed (which we could hear through the paper thin walls) we could hear the water/matter running through the pipes. It was disgusting and a horrible nights sleep. When I went down to the front desk the next morning to complain, the Asst. Manager said she was sorry but there was nothing she could do to compensate us. Needless to say, we will never stay at a Marriott hotel again!

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend staying here!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Curtis H, General Manager at Courtyard Grand Junction, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for contacting me concerning the problems that you had with the room, and I am glad we were able to take care of you. Your feedback is important to me and my staff in order for us to improve our service. I look forward to seeing you next time you are here in Grand Junction.

Curtis Hansen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My amazing cousin has worked for Marriott for almost 10 years. She got me hooked up here for my road trip to Iowa (I ended up traveling through G.J. CO because I came up through Moab Utah to visit Arches). So the night after arches it was only a 90 min drive give or take to G.J. and this nice property. Compared to courtyards out in the PHX AZ area, it was nothing special, maybe SLIGHTLY less nice but def one of the nicest hotels in G.J. Right next to the Residence Inn as well. On a good street with lots of places for food and gas. Another great advantage to staying at courtyards is they have the business center where u can use the internet AND a printer if u need it. I did not have bfast here the buffet costs $10, would have probably been worth it though as I have heard from my cousin and aunt how good the food is, at least in AZ. But being on a budget for the trip, and I brought along bananas and yogurt, plus I wanted to get going as I slept in. So I ate my own food on the road. I LOVE the beds at Marriotts so I am glad I got to stay here. Normal prices would be too high for my budget but got the room for $65 with the discount. Both the lady at the desk the night I checked in (SUN april 21) and the lady there the next morning were friendly and attractive. Hotel lobby very nice as well and they have a bar. No microwave in the room just a fair warning to those who would need one, at least my room didnt have one, but it DID have a mini fridge.

Room Tip: its courtyard they are all good, clean, comfy rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Curtis H, General Manager at Courtyard Grand Junction, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you, for your review of your recent stay with us here in Grand Junction. I am glad we provided the consistency that you expect from every Courtyard By Marriott. I look forward to seeing you next time you are here in Grand Junction.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stay at this courtyard once a quarter for work and it is always clean, staff is always very nice, and beds are cozy! I stay in many hotels due to my travel schedule and I look forward to staying here. They are really nice and also the shuttle is a big bonus if you need it. Just wanted to do a shout out to this courtyard, they've been consistently good to me and if you're in Junction, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Curtis H, General Manager at Courtyard Grand Junction, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your kind words to the hotel and staff. I am so glad that you love staying with us and that you have always found the hotel clean and the staff and service above and beyond. I will see you next time you are in Grand Junction.

Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Super friendly and accommodating staff make this location and hotel a winner! Clean rooms, friendly shuttle, comfy beds and a minute from airport made this a great choice for weary travelers. Location was superb for early flights

• Stayed February 2013
Curtis H, General Manager at Courtyard Grand Junction, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you, for your review of our hotel. We are glad you had a great stay and that the Courtyard Marriott meets your needs perfectly. I look forward to seeing you next time you are in Grand Junction.

Wheeling, West Virginia
Reviewed January 9, 2013

It is a Courtyard, just like a hundred others. But that is why the Courtyard model is successful. You know what to expect and they are designed for the business traveler. This particular one has a lot of lobby activity during the evening hours. Probably due to a very nice lobby bar that features locally crafted Colorado wines. Friendly staff that goes out of its way to accommodate its guests. If it were any more convenient to GJT Regional Airport you would have to go through TSA to get into the lobby. Nice hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Curtis H, General Manager at Courtyard Grand Junction, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard Marriott Grand Junction. I look forward to seeing you next time you are in Grand Junction.
Honolulu
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We arrived very late at night and needed a room. My husband had problems using his Chase business card and the desk clerk was soooo very nice and helpful about getting everything straightened out. Extremely polite and gracious! Friday, October 26, 2012. And, the room was clean, spacious, and comfortable!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Wow. Couldn't believe how nice this place was. GJ isn't known as some special place to stay, but I had a fantastic time in my short 1-night stay. The lobby was vibrant, both with staff and other guests, who were pleasant to be around.

My room was a King-Suite, which was almost the same price as 2 Queens. The facilities were just fantastic. Its very easy to find. Overall, just an awesome room.

Room Tip: Get a king-size suite if you can. Its nearly the same cost, and the absolute best suite you've e...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo