“Great food”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great food”
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I were in the mood for something different and decided to try this place. I was blown away by the quality and quantity of the food. I ordered th lamb chau chau, a dish of stir fried lamb, vegetables and noodles. It came out on a huge platter with sauces and stewed veggies on the side and was very flavorful. My wife ordered cauliflower in a thick, creamy sauce that was equally as large with rice. We had a side of naan and I washed it down with a Maharaja lager from India. One of the best Asian meals I've had in a while. I look forward to returning!

1 Thank ColoradoDad

“Chicken Korma and Shrimp Curry!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The lunch buffet is an excellent way to try new foods if you have not been here before. If you go for dinner with a friend though, I suggest the Chicken Korma and Shrimp Curry... sweet and rich, savory and spicy! The most amazing combination!

The gentlemen who own and run the place are quiet and polite, I always feel welcome when I walk in the door.

Ooh, and try the chia tea! Delish!

Visited April 2012
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Nice change from the usual choices in Junction”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I used to live in South East Asia, so when it comes to all kinds of Asian cuisines, I'm pretty well versed. My friends and I would eat Indian/Nepal every week for lunch while in high school. So I was really excited when I came to Grand Junction and found this restaurant. Everything is just about as authentic as you can get. Especially the chai teas and mango lassis!

The buffet, while delicious with lots of good choices that really reflect the spirit of the countries. The only thing is that the buffet doesn't change a lot. It's one of those things you can only do once a month or so, or else you get sick of the same thing every time.

That said, ordering dinner is always a new experience. The spicy hot IS spicy hot, and the flavors are all there. There's a great selection that always has something to hit the spot.

Granted, the ambiance may not be stellar, and the staff have to deal with the language/cultural barriers amid bustling around serving people, but treat them well and the effort will be reciprocated. It's a family run place, so supporting the restaurant is supporting a family.

All in all, one of my favorites!

• Visited July 2012
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Really good Indian food!”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Great lunch buffet. Dinner menu is awesome. The food is really good. Nice change from the usual Mexican or Italian choice we have in this town.

Visited July 2012
Cape Meares, Oregon
“very nice!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

A small family restaurant - wonderful location in downtown. We went to a small lunch buffet that offered nice variety of foods, very well flavored and fresh and the best Kier (rice pudding w/ caradamom) I've tasted in a long while. Appears to be quite popular with the locals - always a good sign. The only drawback was it was a bit noisy due to the older plaster walls which echoed.

• Visited May 2012