“Needs Polish - Will Try Again”
Review of Sushi & Rok

Sushi & Rok
Ranked #106 of 277 Restaurants in Grand Junction
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had an appy and couple of sushi rolls for entrées which were very good, but we had no room for the nigiri. Their Rok Grill is intriguing with steak and seafood offerings. Reasonable pricing. We will return to try more on the menu.

This was our first time at this venue that has only been open a few months. The biggest impression was from our waitress Destiny. Inexperienced or just didn't care and no managerial oversight of her performance drags the overall rating low.

The miso soup was not hot enough....not sure who gets credit for that. We had to remind her that our shared appetizer (Dynamite = potentially messy, but very good) needed individual plates. She was inattentive re: beverage refills, didn't offer desert, and then took forever processing our check. Her co-workers seemed to be much more professional making me think that serving in this capacity isn't necessarily her destiny.

This location has had several restaurants come and go over the last 10 years with only 2 that moved elsewhere in town and are still in business. If the S&R and polish their act I think they will last.

SushiRok, Manager at Sushi & Rok, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Hi, I am the manager of Sushi & Rok. As for the miso soup, we always have some customers saying it is not hot enough or some saying they just want it to be warm( not so hot). We can guarantee that the servers always take the soup out right after they pour it. This is something we cannot guarantee that everbody will like the way it is. But if you want it to be very hot next time, you can let our server know so we can make sure to make it the way you want.

And I am sorry about your experience with our server Destiny last time. She doesn't have a lot of restaurant working experience and she is still very new at Sushi & Rok. She is a very young server and she is kind of bad at people skills. I am extremly sorry about what was happenning and I will try my best to offer better training for all of the servers at S&R.

There are newer reviews for Sushi & Rok