“Breakfast is the Best here to have”
Review of Village Inn

Village Inn
Ranked #31 of 288 Restaurants in Grand Junction
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you looking for a great breakfast then you truly will enjoy the choices you have at village inn.Both places are great in our area have truly enjoyed the mornings here.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

My significant other had remember going here as a kid while his family visited Grand Junction so to satisfy his desire to relive those wonderful memories we went here our first morning in GJ. We were both severely disappointed. First off, our waitress accepted like us being there to eat was an inconvenience to her. When I ordered my food, the V.I.B. and chose the items I wanted in it she said I couldn't have one of them. I asked why, like if the restaurant was out of the item, and she said "No, just because". One of the items I chose instead was the 2-egg white omelette with mozzarella cheese. Imagine my surprise when she brought me my food and there was a regular (yellow) hunk of scrambled eggs that was still rather mushy underneath it. Before I could say anything she had already put my significant other's meal on the table and was gone. I ate my meal and decided not to make a fuss out of it. After we had drank our beverages we placed the empty glasses on the edge of the table to try and indicate to the waitress that we need a refill. Well, I guess we were too subtle because the waitress didn't return for almost 30 minutes. I had to stop another server and ask him if he could find our waitress for us. When he told our waitress we needed refills she came and refilled our tea and my partner's coffee, but she neglected to refill his orange juice. When we asked for another glass she replied in an annoyed tone, "Orange juice refills aren't free ya know. They're $2.89 each". We told her that was fine and she rolled her eyes as she walked away with the glass. When she returned she laid the check on the table and asked if that was it, or if we needed anything else. We replied no and quickly snatched the check from the table to go pay. If the waitress had actually gotten my food correct and lost the attitude, it could have been an "ok" meal. However, a "poor" rating is more accurate given my experience.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

good quality food as you would expect clean and courtious. the breakfast and pies are the specialty of the house.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This Village Inn is much nicer (and much more beautiful) than the one on North Avenue. The food seems to be better, but pretty much standard for all 28 Village Inns I've been to in Colorado. I don't go to Village Inns just because Tony Hillerman considers them so enjoyable in his books; OK, he did influence me a few times. The service is very good, even better than the other V.I.s I've gone to. They were always friendly to me with my service-dog, polite, and legal ... very unlike the North Avenue V.I. whose day shift hostess refused me service, telling me "No dogs allowed" and called the police on me; which back-fired because the officer told her that she was completely in the wrong. This Village Inn on Horizon Drive is just a relaxing and enjoyable experience. I always especially liked the Village Inn in Glenwood Springs too, but I think that this one is the best.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Food is prepared quickly and the wait staff is very attentive. The opportunity to create your own plates at a reasonable price is a plus