“Great carnitas”
Review of Conchita's Authentic Mexican - CLOSED

Conchita's Authentic Mexican
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: From an early age, founder Dan Zambrano always promised his mother that he would someday put her name in lights. That day came in November of 1996 when Dan opened up Conchitas, named after his mother Concepcion which translates to "Little Concha". From that day on it has been a labor of love for Dan and his family. Prior to the restaurant opening, Dan and his mother spent years perfecting the family recipes that are still used in our kitchen today. After almost 20 years in the restaurant business, many of our customers have become extended family. We take those relationships very seriously and consider that loyalty our greatest asset. For those that haven't been in to see us in a while, we would humbly ask for you to come see us again. We are excited to be beginning a new chapter in our family-run business as we transition to "Next Generation Ownership". We hope you will come back and see us again - explore our new menu and discover our new weekend brunch and scratch-made cocktails. Thank you for your continued loyalty and support.
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This family owned restaurant does many things right. Including a friendly staff, great margaritas, and good food.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

The food was just ok, I don't feel well after eating there, upset stomach & intense headache. I ordered the enchiladas mole'. The service also was very poor. The waitress didn't even ask me what I wanted to drink, she just brought me a glass of ice water and it was more ice than water, then she took too long to come by to fill it up after it sat in plain sight of several waitresses walking by... there weren't very many customers ( I think I know why now). Tequila's mole' sauce is far better I think. She didn't bring me napkins I'd asked for till I was done eating.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

It was our first time here since they relocated from Orchard Mesa 2 years ago. The Lunch specials are around $7 and come with all you can eat warm, fresh, homemade chips & salsa. I had the cheese enchiladas -mild green sauce w/ beans & rice- not too spicy, just right for a gringa. My hubby had the beef enchiladas w/ beans & rice with the red sauce, which I found spicy, he gave me a bite : ) He said it was not spicy enough and added hot sauce, since he prefers spicier fare than I do. Since the lunch prices were so reasonable we tried the sopapilla dessert with half strawberry/ half chocolate and it was a wonderful treat, it was generously portioned and we could not finish it. The staff was great, kept our drinks refilled, checked on us frequently. This place has a nice, clean, well-decorated, cozy atmosphere. We will return!

Reviewed January 21, 2012

I have never written a review but had to after our experience at Conchita's.
The food was horrible!! This is supposed to be Mexican food, the chicken enchiladas tasted like boiled chicken in a corn tortilla (no seasoning). It is so bland!! The burrito was tasteless. We took our family hoping to find a good authentic Mexican resturant but sadly this is not it.
The chips and salsa are ok and the waitress was very nice. After 2 bites of the burrito (it looked beautiful) my husband told our waitress it was terrible and didn't eat it. The owner would only allow her to take half off the price. I got some 7 layer bean dip, it was just the inside of the burrito thrown in plate with some cheese on it. I didn't have to pay for it. Save your money and try somewhere else. My family would have been MUCH happier at McDonalds or buying a Mexican food TV dinner!!! Sad!!! NOT cheap it is about $10 to $12 dollars a plate.

Reviewed March 21, 2011

The service was very good and friendly! The restaurant was a little hard to find behind a huge building but once you found it it was worth the little hunt. The mole enchiladas, crab enchiladas and several other plated were excellent! The mole was very impressive, having had mole for several years in the town responsible for the creation of mole, Puebla Mx. Would definitely come back!! A++++++!

2  Thank Elysium001