“Too expensive n greasy”

DOS Hombres
Ranked #134 of 282 Restaurants in Grand Junction
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Don't go, it's expensive, and way way too greasy .... so sad and disappointing ... used to be outstanding ... and I'm talking about the one on the Redlands ... I hear the one in Clifton is much better.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Our server, though pleasant, had too many tables and seemed a little overwhelmed. I don't blame her for this, I blame the manager who's scheduling the staff.

The food (we had three people in our party and we tried the fish tacos, shrimp tacos, and the carne asada enchilada) was average. (with the exception of the pineapple salsa on the fish tacos--that was Excellent!)

The mild and hot salsas that came with the chips were lackluster.

We ate on the patio and loved watching the hummingbirds.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

There are 2 Dos Hombres restaurants in Grand Junction run by brothers. This one is, in my opinion, not as good as the other one. The chips were cold and tough. The one dish of salsa not very good. My friend didn't want the sangria that was part of the special and when she asked if she could have another beverage instead she was told no substitutions. Really? No glass of iced tea instead of a sangria??? Ironically the next day I ate at the other Dos Hombres and the entire experience was much better.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Still a favorite place to eat since the 70s. Updated menu and consistent food. Love it....especially the chili rellano - Dos style. Try it!

Reviewed January 15, 2012

A pretty standard Mexican restaurant, but the service is great. It a good place to eat if you are in a hurry but don’t want to sacrifice quality