“The Best Downtown Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of il Bistro Italiano

il Bistro Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
il Bistro Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th Street
Transit: Grand Valley Transit has a bus stop a few yards from the entrance of the restaurant on Main Street
Description: il Bistro Italiano opened in August 1998. Our focus is on bringing a combination of traditional Italian dishes together with some innovative ones created within the boundaries of modern Italian cuisine. The pastas, breads, sauces, and desserts are all made at the restaurant from fresh ingredients. Our wine list features a large selection of wines from Italy and Colorado, and whenever possible, we use local ingredients in our kitchen. There is always something going on at the Bistro, so look at the Events Section to learn of special wine nights, cooking classes or other featured events.
Grand Junction, Colorado
“The Best Downtown Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Every visit my husband and I always eat here. This time I took my daughter and granddaughter to GJ. We stayed at the Springhill Suites and walked 2 blocks to this (my) favorite restaurant. My daughter had the Prosciutto E Avocado which was homemade spinach pasta tossed with shrimp, prosciutto Di Parma, thyme, avocado, garlic, cream and white wine. I had the Tagliolini Di Mare, scallops, shrimp and smoked salmon, roasted vegetables, cream and white wine tossed with house made tagliolini. Granddaughter had a pizza and we shared a bottle of Cab! What a wonderful dinner. The owner even chatted with us for about 10 mins. A definite MUST in GJ

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Sandra M

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Great food and centrally located in downtown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Everything we ordered from appetizer, to entrees to the dessert were very good. Server was very friendly and all smiles. I would definitely recommend to those looking for a great meal.

Visited November 2012
Aurora, CO
“Great dining experience - food, service, atmosphere, value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Had a great dinner with friends - small venue, very busy on a Friday night with the bike race in town the next morning. Superb service, really great taste and variety of tastes to the food. Two of the three of us had the veal saltimbocca (sp) - fabulous! The owner is present, visible, and gregarious - always contributes to the culture of a small restaurant like this.

• Visited October 2013
Boulder, CO, USA
“Well taken care of despite the crowd”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Our group of six recently enjoyed this restaurant on a very busy Saturday night due to many events occurring in Grand Junction simultaneously. I had made a reservation weeks ago, and it’s a good thing, since the restaurant was filled to capacity. Despite the crowd, we were pleased that our waiter took excellent care of us, with knowledge and humour. The dinners were excellent (except for just one slightly chewy pizza), we took advantage of the option for small dishes on some selections, and the wine selection was impressive, with a wide range of varieties and prices. When we return to Grand Junction, we'll definitely stop here.

• Visited October 2013
Broomfield, Colorado
“Good Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

My mother-in-law took me here for my birthday. This year I had lamb with was so tender and tasty. Last year I had Bison Osco Busco. Again, very tender and tasty. The service is also very impeccable.

• Visited September 2013