“Excellent italian food, charming atmosphere”
Review of il Bistro Italiano

il Bistro Italiano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th Street
Transit: Grand Valley Transit has a bus stop a few yards from the entrance of the restaurant on Main Street
Description: il Bistro Italiano opened in August 1998. Our focus is on bringing a combination of traditional Italian dishes together with some innovative ones created within the boundaries of modern Italian cuisine. The pastas, breads, sauces, and desserts are all made at the restaurant from fresh ingredients. Our wine list features a large selection of wines from Italy and Colorado, and whenever possible, we use local ingredients in our kitchen. There is always something going on at the Bistro, so look at the Events Section to learn of special wine nights, cooking classes or other featured events.
Reviewed January 22, 2013

A family owned Italian restaurant. Our favorite place to dine in Grand Junction. Wonderful food, excellent wine choices and superior service every time I've visited. We recommend it to everyone. Also in the old/historic section of downtown Grand Junction. The neighborhood has a nice feel and good strollability.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

try the artichoke soup - best, most consistent item on the lunch menu. Restaurant is better for lunch than dinner, but they do have great deserts. our favorite evening there was to order a pizza and then desert.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Dishes are made to order. Pasta is home made. Lasagna is great. My wife has food allergies. The kitchen made her a very tasty dish that complied with all her needs.

We eat here whenever passing through "Junction"

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I went with family for a holiday lunch. Even though our order wasn't very complicated, the food took a long time to come out to the table and it was hard to keep the kids pacified with bread. Once the food came out though, it was delicious! The pasta was tender, bread baked just right, fresh ingredients-- we'll be back.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was in town for business. il Bistro was recommended by a co-worker. I was staying out by the airport but I came back into town after the dinner opening. I am glad that I did. I really liked the dinner salad. The bread served before dinner also very good. I have simple tastes.

1  Thank Dunn45