“Kitchen problems”

Dining options: Reservations
Paradise, California, United States
“Kitchen problems”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The staff was excellent, Outback should be proud of the server who attended to us. However, there were serious kitchen problems: 1) The Caesar Salad has some shredded cheese, but not a drop of dressing that we could find. The server was very understanding and brought us dressing. 2) A 'medium' prime rib was served bloody red on the top with a paper-thin layer of brown on the bottom-- I'm talking very bloody. It was sent back, and after proper cooking, was brought back by a very understanding and gracious server. 3) I discovered something chewy and foreign in my broccoli, and it appeared to be a srip of two-inch plastic. I showed this to the server. The manager returned, and showed me that the "plastic" strip was actually a strip of decorative bamboo that had been attached to the toothpick that held my burger together. It had come loose and ended up in my broccoli. I would not recommend serving food that is held together by decorative doodads that may end up in a customer's mouth. Other than apologies, nothing else was offered for our disappointing experience at this Outback. If the kitchen staff sends out a bloody piece of meat when the customer orders medium rare, that tells me that someone behind those doors is under-qualified and under-supervised. Truly, kitchen problems will kill any eatery, including well-marketed chains like Outback.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Chadwrite

Grand Junction
“Never again”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Worst experience... Never got better from start to finish. Very disappointed I spent such a special day @ outback... Should have left after they skipped over my family not realizing it could still get worse.

• Visited May 2014
Denver
“Very accomodating”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We ate here twice in three days, because our first experience was so wonderful. We are gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free eaters, and we love steak. Both Lisa and Vance were knowledgeable about our dietary restrictions, and suggested ways to make their food choices work for us. We were able to substitute the dessert on a package meal for an extra side. When we ordered fries, the chef came out and let us know they were not gluten-free as they were cooked in the same oil as the onion blossom. The steak was done to perfection -- medium rare is exactly that -- tender and tasty. All in all, a great dining experience.

• Visited April 2014
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We had stopped going there for quite a while because we felt they had "gone downhill". We were very disappointed several years ago when they stopped Happy Hour. Recently we decided to return---and what a pleasant surprise!!! We enjoyed Happy hour drinks--and by the way--my BIG Foster's draft, my husband's Bud Light, and my friends' Blackberry Martini & Bloody Mary were all icy cold/cocktails made well AND---$4-GREAT DEAL!! Then we had an unbelievably delicious steak dinner. The bread has remained pretty much the same yummy dark, warm, soft just baked mini loaf. The salads were cold and crisp and the baked potatoes were moist & creamy with just the right amount of salty skin :) We liked it so much we returned last night for my birthday dinner! And,again-WONDERFUL. We had a slight problem with our order last night, but the manager was right there and checked with us several times to be sure she had handled it to our satisfaction (and did she ever!) It is refreshing to talk with managers who really care that you are happy and make you feel important. This kind of management definitely reflects on all the workers, and it is so fun to have young, vibrant,pleasant, smiling and kind wait staff. We thank you for the vast improvements and will be returning often!!!!!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank csoden
Lovelady, Texas
“ehh (shrugs shoulders)”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We've been to Outback Steakhouse locations all over the country and this one is in the bottom of the pile as far as service goes. I didn't get my salad until AFTER my meal and the only reason I got it at all was because I mentioned it when they brought our meal out. Refills were difficult to get, and we had to ask for bread too. The food was pretty much the same as it always is, which to us, is good, but not anything to write home about. We had heard that the service was lacking here, but didn't really think anything about it until we came for dinner ourselves. The friends that told us, definitely weren't kidding.

Visited November 2013