“One of the ORIGINAL high-quality G V restaurants --”

The Winery Restaurant - Grand Junction's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Winery Restaurant - Grand Junction's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 277 Restaurants in Grand Junction
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 7th Street
Transit: In front of the building on Main Street.
Description: The Winery Restaurant is a icon of Grand Junctions restaurant community. Since 1973 it has been located down a grapevine canopied breezeway in the Historic District of Downtown Grand Junction. The Winery Restaurant Features dry aged and aged steaks, fresh seafood, local wines and wines of the world in a elegant atmosphere unique to Grand Junction.
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The Winery has been in the same location serving quality dinners for over 25 years. It hasn't waned in quality, and if you want a much-better than average dining experience, well, call for reservations.

There are newer reviews for The Winery Restaurant - Grand Junction's Steakhouse

Reviewed June 12, 2012

After reading a positive review on Trip Adviser, and in my never-ending search for a good place to eat in this area, I decided to give a try to The Winery. It's not open for lunch, so I gathered a couple of people to join me for diner. To make a long story short, it was very disappointing. I liked my Seafod Bisque and my partner liked his Cajun popcorn shrimp appetizer. But that's where it ended for us: my Veal Medallions Florentine arrived hidden under tick layer of dusted cheese and tomato paste. The vegetables on the side were almost raw and completely tasteless. My partner did not touch his Mixed grill, which was presented much the same way as my Veal. Our diner companions liked their Mesquite smoked Prime Rib, the special of the day.
We drank some very good and very expensive Chateauneuf du Pope (2006 Paul Jaboulet Aine) which was totally wasted on the lousy food. Our companions had some Paonia wine, which they liked.
Ambiance: dated and faded.
Another place we are not going back to. It's not worth the ($$$$) money.

1  Thank Oliver S
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Having never visited Grand Junction before my partner and I stumbled accross the Winery resturant in Grand Junction. The interior of the resturant is intimate and beautifully decorated, we were sat in a secluded corner of the room which was perfect for us to enjoy the setting, the service and the food was impeciable with all staff being very attentive and recommending locally made wines which we enjoyed greatly.

Would recommend and would return if ever in the area again.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

A poor choice; ceaser salad tasted like something out of a Dole bag salad; steak was tasteless; halibut was soggy & not flakey. Only redeaming factor was our waiter - he did a great job!

2  Thank DJ3722
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I hope this is the restaurant in the Wine Country Inn. It was an area next to the bar in the Lounge. (Only restaurant in that hotel at this time.)
Menu was perfect. Traditional entrees and lighter fare. Service was excellent. Wold eat there again.