“Our Local Favorite! ”

Tequila's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 269 Restaurants in Grand Junction
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Clifton, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our Local Favorite! ”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

We've been eating here for at least 10 years. We prefer the North Avenue location. The food is more on the authentic side with lots of variations from Mexican seafood to American food. The portions are very large and if you don't like the cabbage salsa(which is my wife's favorite) just go with their traditional red salsa. Their combination for two will fill any two starving folks with chicken, shrimp, skirt steak, mushrooms, beans, rice, cheese, jalapeño, guacamole,and sour cream. They bring out individual plates of beans and rice that are large . Then they bring another large plate with all the meats, mushrooms and condiments and then a container full of hot tortillas. I could go on and on about this place, their food and their service . I've never had a glass get empty at Taquilas! J

1 Thank Glorybunch

West Row, Suffolk, United Kingdom
“Great food, friendly staff, good drinks”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We came here on a recommendation from the staff of a motel where we were staying. Waitress was friendly, they had live music playing, and the food was excellent! A little bit of a language barrier with the bar tender. We asked about happy hour specials and could not figure out the 2 for 1 large margueritas. We ordered one regular which was just right. When we saw the 2 for 1 they were quart sized! We would not have made it back to our hotel. We would eat here again. Yummy!

Visited July 2013
Breckenridge, Colorado, United States
“Good food. Good service. Good margaritas.”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We had dinner here based on a recommendation from a local. It was a busy Saturday night and we were seated right away. The house marg was delicious and a bit strong so keep that in mind if you are driving. The service was quick and attentive. I really enjoyed the seafood enchiladas and others in our group had the cheese enchiladas. Would definitely recommend Tequilas if you visit Grand Junction.

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Best Mexican Meal I've Had!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We asked the owner of our motel where was good to eat in Grand Junction and I'm so glad she pointed up towards Tequila's.
This mexican restaurant is so authentic with lovely mexican decor, a great menu for food and drink and really good service.
I recommend getting a pitcher of margarita to share and the sizzling chicken fajitas!
The food really was good, and our waiter was very nice indeed. The prices were good, pretty average.
I think I can say it was the best mexican meal I've had by a mile.

Visited September 2013
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Good Mexican Food”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed in a property near this restaurant and it was recommended by the owner. I had the huge "select three" meal and it was very good. The service was great and the wait staff was friendly. The price seemed appropriate for the evening meal and we would eat there again.

• Visited August 2013