“The last of the great Diners!”

Blue Moon Bar & Grille
Ranked #41 of 277 Restaurants in Grand Junction
Cuisines: American, Greek
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Stopped in for lunch, (finally) after hearing rave reviews from friends. Due to the constant construction on Main, getting to the establishment is a bit of a chore, but well worth it. Being from the east coast, this diner brought back fond memories of late night suppers with the family. Hard to find a good Monte Cristo, and I was not disappointed when it was brought with a burgundy jam AND a dollop of honey! In my opinion, the best way to judge a "diner" is by their potato salad or cole slaw; dang. Savory and sweet, the potato salad is made with HB egg and perfectly cooked potato, and just a TOUCH of sweet relish, I wanted to take a gallon home with me. It's a "local" place that is frequented by professionals and skaters alike.

3  Thank Jodi G
There are newer reviews for Blue Moon Bar & Grille

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I stopped in here for lunch recently, mainly because I always see people dining on their patio and my husband said the food was good. I've lived here most my life but hadn't eaten here yet. My companion ordered the. Monte Cristo and I had the Cesar Salad with Blackened Salmon. Both were perfect! Very good. We sat out on the patio, since it was sunny and 75. I like the interior - kind of hS a nostalgic retro feel - but I thought it was a bit dark for the lunch crowd. I definitely will be adding this to the regular lunchtime rotation!

4  Thank Cowboyblondie
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Staff is great. Nice bar!. The flaming saganaki cheese appetizer was less than what I expected. Better bread would be good and Roma tomatoes instead of beefsteak would have provided better presentation along with placing it on an appetizer plate with a smaller fondue dish for the warmed cheese instead of two lunch platters for all of it. Nbc

1  Thank allaboutbbq
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I love supporting locally owned, independent eateries and this is one of the best examples of one in Grand Junction. The management takes time to make sure that you have a good experience and the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. The place has a historic vibe and I highly recommend the Italian Stallion sandwich.

1  Thank cubaker1992
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is another truly great place. I is an old historic brick building, and the colors inside are so beautiful. The food is great and the prices are quite reasonable. The service is so friendly and so nice. The atmosphere is the best. TripAdvisor won't let me do this, but I rate this place as excellent.